Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: with the NEW iTunes 7.4.1... After installing installer.app can I use iActivator?

Default with the NEW iTunes 7.4.1... After installing installer.app can I use iActivator?
    iActivator wasn't working after updating to 7.4.1. This is welll documented so I went ahead and install the app.installer from nullrivers, now can I use iActivator, or is that still a no go????

Many have viewed your post but none have replied - sorry. I don't know the answer. I am modding just fine with iTunes 7.4 but I have yet to update to 7.4.1

Hopefully someone will reply with the answer.

no big deal... ifuntastic works ... Thanks though, keep up the good work here mod!!!

I modded this morning using the jailbreak from installer.app and then used iActivator to activate the phone using iTunes 7.4.1...if you try to use iActivator first, you'll get a headache...Installer.app and then iActivator and you're golden

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redsox247 For This Useful Post:

BostonGirl (2007-09-10)

i'm somewhat confused... what do you mean by jailbreaking from installer.app? I thought iactivator was used for jailbreaking?

Mr. ~W~ is on this forum to? Im having problems with jailbreaking/unshackling and all that good stuff. Do i need to install the installer.app for anything to work?

It's corupt from HofO yo!

Quote Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99 View Post
    Mr. ~W~ is on this forum to? Im having problems with jailbreaking/unshackling and all that good stuff. Do i need to install the installer.app for anything to work?

It's corupt from HofO yo!
    ~W~-hadizzit!!! From what I've gather and messed with... if you have the latest version of the iTunes you must install the new apptap aka, installer.app before unshackling...

Then you should be able to unshackle and or jailbreak. I sucessfully unshackled but have not tried iActivator to Jailbreak... why don't you try and let me know...

Default I THINK I LOVE YOU...lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox247 View Post
    I modded this morning using the jailbreak from installer.app and then used iActivator to activate the phone using iTunes 7.4.1...if you try to use iActivator first, you'll get a headache...Installer.app and then iActivator and you're golden
    Leave it up to a fellow bostonian to save the day for me.
    I updated and had to force a restore the other night and haven't found anything to work to jailbreak past activation. THIS DID IT

What I did was run Appinstaller, then iActivator (it jailbroke that way)..but I was unable to activate the phone. SO I went to hacktheiphone.com and used half the guide. In terminal I did the following steps(make sure you have the programs and in the right folders.I did because thats how I jailbroke and activated before.)

SO Appinstaller, then iActivator (to jailbreak it) Then these steps.
    http://www.hacktheiphone.net/iphone_..._mac_easy.html step 16 on.(you must have all these things installed and in the phonedmg folder to work)

Hopefully someone can write this up right, more of a guide like thing then I'm explaining.

THANKS AGAIN REDSOX247....AND GG PATS..

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Leave it up to a fellow bostonian to save the day for me.
    I updated and had to force a restore the other night and haven't found anything to work to jailbreak past activation. THIS DID IT

What I did was run Appinstaller, then iActivator (it jailbroke that way)..but I was unable to activate the phone. SO I went to hacktheiphone.com and used half the guide. In terminal I did the following steps(make sure you have the programs and in the right folders.I did because thats how I jailbroke and activated before.)

SO Appinstaller, then iActivator (to jailbreak it) Then these steps.
    http://www.hacktheiphone.net/iphone_..._mac_easy.html step 16 on.(you must have all these things installed and in the phonedmg folder to work)

Hopefully someone can write this up right, more of a guide like thing then I'm explaining.

THANKS AGAIN REDSOX247....AND GG PATS..

Did you use the latest firmware or 1.0.1? or the latest one? if you are using the latest one, did you replace the the firmware in the phonedmg file with the newer firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by ~W~ View Post
    Did you use the latest firmware or 1.0.1? or the latest one? if you are using the latest one, did you replace the the firmware in the phonedmg file with the newer firmware?
    I'm using itunes 7.4 and the newest firmware 1.0.2.

What happened was I used the guide from hackmyiphone.com for mac. I did the 10 steps then followed the mac osx guide for "Using other sims (easy method)". I did this about a week or so ago. My phone worked great. I used my att sim (from my razor phone) w/my unlimited internet and 200 texts. All was lovely untill........I decided I wanted to make a ringtone and was trying to sync my iphone. Not a good idea. I updated to itunes 7.4 and it forced me to updated the firmware somehow(said restore and update) So I did it. NO MORE IPHONE.
    I tried everything for 3 days now and nothing would jailbreak. Got the same "llegal" message as everyone else using jailbreak method. Then tried iActivator and that wouldn't jailbreak,kept closing or just hanging.
    I thought it would never work again. BUT as REDSOX247 posted that info above I figured I'd give it a shot.
    Sure enough Appinstaller did the trick, it jailbroke it for me. I was not able to get the phone to activate though. SO I went back to the guide on hacktheiphone.com and just picked up after the jailbreak part since the phone was unbroken now.(step 16) I also still already had all files from the guide and "10 steps" in my phonedmg folder. But now that I look I think I have the new firmware in my folder...says 009-7698-4.dmg and 694-5298-5.dmg and kernelcache.release.s518900xrb

I think they are new, not sure. I did so much IDK what I have anymore.lol

But thats what worked for me. HTH

Plus I'm a total noob to this hacking/modding stuff.

so did you use iActivator and hit the jailbreak button? or did apptap jailbreaked it and i dont need to use the iactivator?.... can you verify for me please

so did you use iActivator and hit the jailbreak button? or did apptap jailbreaked it and i dont need to use the iactivator?.... can you verify for me please
    Ok just checked for you, and yes I ran apptap, then when I opened iactivator it said at the bottom" -connected to iphone-activated-jailbroken"

Although I couldnt activate it this way for some reason, but mines activated threw the steps above.

So I don't really know it you "need" iActivator or not. Like I said, I'm a total noob so I'm not sure how this stuff works.

But I would run iActivator just to make sure it's jailbroken, it's only one little extra step. And maybe you can activate yours from there, but I would check it out and see for yourself.

BTW I never had to hit the jailbreak button if that helps.(even before when it wasnt activated)

Ok just checked for you, and yes I ran apptap, then when I opened iactivator it said at the bottom" -connected to iphone-activated-jailbroken"

Although I couldnt activate it this way for some reason, but mines activated threw the steps above.

So I don't really know it you "need" iActivator or not. Like I said, I'm a total noob so I'm not sure how this stuff works.

But I would run iActivator just to make sure it's jailbroken, it's only one little extra step. And maybe you can activate yours from there, but I would check it out and see for yourself.

BTW I never had to hit the jailbreak button if that helps.(even before when it wasnt activated)
    that CLEARS IT UP for me! So were you able to do the icon mods and ringtones mod you did before after running apptap?

that CLEARS IT UP for me! So were you able to do the icon mods and ringtones mod you did before after running apptap?
    I never had any mods on my phone. Like I said I'm new to all this. I am currently trying to get mods and ringtones and themes on my phone as we speak(errr type) but am overwhelmed.
    All I had it for was to bypass activation to use my current att sim. So IDK if mods that worked before will work after.
    All I know right now is how I got it to work, sorry.

If you could point me to a ringtone thing, or mod to try I will be more then happy to try it out. Im bored and have plenty of time tonight..just been here reading and trying to figure out where to start. I'm like a lil kid in a candy shop right now. I never knew there were so many cool mods, tones and skins. Also so many programs I dont know which to mess with first.

Modding is fun.

I never had any mods on my phone. Like I said I'm new to all this. I am currently trying to get mods and ringtones and themes on my phone as we speak(errr type) but am overwhelmed.
    All I had it for was to bypass activation to use my current att sim. So IDK if mods that worked before will work after.
    All I know right now is how I got it to work, sorry.

If you could point me to a ringtone thing, or mod to try I will be more then happy to try it out. Im bored and have plenty of time tonight..just been here reading and trying to figure out where to start. I'm like a lil kid in a candy shop right now. I never knew there were so many cool mods, tones and skins. Also so many programs I dont know which to mess with first.

Modding is fun.
    I'm currently testing out different softwares to see which one works... I think the problems you and I and few others are having are due to the newly release itunes 7.4.x. I just got my iphone back from colorwarepc recently and accidently upgraded my itunes and now my mods don't work...

anyways, I wll report on what I find!

It doesnt work for me period. Id prefer not to use windows to mod. Is there a way to downgrade my itunes? i still have firmware 1.01

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I recommend using iNdependence instead of iActivator. I am writing up current guides now.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews