Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Package download failed with installer 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Package download failed with installer 3.0
    Hi All,

i have a OTB 1.0.2 Iphone, now with 1.1.1 jailbroken and unlocked, i have putted installer via jailbreakme.com. I can refresh the sources, add new sources, and i see all the packages, but when i click on install it says "Package download failed" no matter which source the package is coming from. I'm have a stable WIFI connection as i'm able to browse trough websites, any ideas why this is happening?

I suddenly got this as well... after updating to new Installer too...

Edit> I found these instructions online, but it didn't help me. Maybe it'll help you.

1. Launch Installer. Go to Sources.
    2. Click EDIT…and then delete the old Ste Packaging URL
    3. Click EDIT…then ADD…type in (case sensitive!) http://repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps/
    4. Click OK then press DONE
    5. (Optional) Go to Install…go to the Sources category…then install/update Community Sources. (this will help).

Actually, it started working after a reboot Not sure if it was because of that, or because of the reboot, or both.

I did just get a Belkin N1 Vision router, but I doubt that had anything to do with it.'

Edit 2> Just happened again, seems to happen when I install certain things, and then nothing will work. iAmp seems to cause this. Holding down Home button to exit seems to work as well.
    Last edited by ksong12; 2008-03-02 at 10:53 PM.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

infiniteone (2008-03-06)

You just gotta clear your queue. Its not iAmp the app causing it. Maybe one of the sources are down.

I had no queue. Apparently iAmp and like every source was down
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

how do i transfer file (theme etc..) from pc to iphone

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jedsami View Post
    how do i transfer file (theme etc..) from pc to iphone
    You need to SSH them into the phone. You can either use WinSCP (wifi) or iPhonebrowser (usb). Both available for free free.

i have winzip is it same kinda ???
    i just want to transfer file from pc to iphone is there any sofware or pkg there.
    one more thing how i can control (iphone display etc..) from my vista pc?

BTW i have 3g 3.0
    Last edited by jedsami; 2009-07-11 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost