Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Instaled Instller Apps Not Showing on Springboard

Default Instaled Instller Apps Not Showing on Springboard
    Since I've jailbroken fw 2.1 (windows) any app that I've installed via installer has not shown up on the springboard. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i am having the same problem

same problem

Try downloading or deleting a app wit cydia this does a total springboard refresh and it worked for me
    Last edited by MikeBoJangles; 2008-09-22 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Tried that. Didnt work...

Some apps like appflow and snapture don't work with 2.1, its wierd but true. If something on installer doesn't work try cydia, but other wise your out of luck. Its the price u pay for 2.1

I have the same problem with my 3g

Quote Originally Posted by bluc21 View Post
    Since I've jailbroken fw 2.1 (windows) any app that I've installed via installer has not shown up on the springboard. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I had the same problem, what i did was go to cydia, install the poof app, and then the apps that i had downloaded from installer magically appeared on the springboard. Give it a try and see if it solves your problem.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

cydia got updated already to properly delete the cache file thats required to allow 3rd party installed apps to actually show up. installer never got updated when 2.1 was released. hence the reason it doesn't do crap after you install something...

cydia +1, installer -1
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Having the same issue, tried installed a couple of things from installer and they don't show up on springboard, also tried to poof suggestions above and that didn't do anything.

poof seemed to work a bit for me, at least it showed the wifi toggler. I am using 2.1 on a 3g in case that helps anyone.

although some of the icons that that i could turn on and off had a question mark over the icon and even though they were "on" they still do not show up.