Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! (installer problems & tried all fixes)

Default HELP! (installer problems & tried all fixes)
    Hey, I recently (this weekend) jailbroke 1.1.3 via ziphone all is well installer was working I have ALL the old apps I had previously on 1.1.1 but yesterday my installer just hung.
    I had all sources installed then uninstalled because I READ that could be a problem, now it just refreshes sources then i get "refresh failed" could not refresh sources. Now is this due to the JB method or........ my wifes' touch is doing the exact same and I need the keyboard common artwork files for my iphone (I screwed mine) lol. I was trying to get the artwork from hers.

So any Ideas? I have tried ALL fixes that I could find here via "search" I have bosstool installed and used it I have more than enough space left.

I need help asap im on 1.1.3 jailbroke thru ziphone (att&t customer).

P.S. All apps work the only one that crashes is installer when it doesnt crash it says refresh failed!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I recently read the installer.app developer's blog (as in the guy who coees installer.app itself) and he said that there would be changes made so that only the latest installer.app can load sources due to the fact Apple changed things with 1.1.3, it will be alot of work to make third party apps work on 1.1.3, this will help, yadda yadda yadda...

Anyway, you probably do have installer.app 3.0+ but my best recommendation is a manual install using SSH. If you don;t have SSH, you are (probably) stuck restoring your phone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Ok so let me make sure I understand u, If im running installer 3.0 (which I am) its the installer thats screwed and I should manually install installer (which version? 3.0 again?) then try it? and if that doesnt work restore and start from scratch?

Also whats strange is while im responding I turned off my wi-fi and refreshed my sources and in a few seconds it worked this time (are u good luck) lol, Now im trying my wifes' (touch) like I said all i need is one program called "ziphone ibrickr fix" it allows ibrickr (and other programs to see the phone as jailbroken) so I can grab her keyboard artwork because I tried to be fast and screwed mine AND deleted my back up. then ill leave installer alone for while until a genuine fix or somethin is found.

Hey, U wouldnt happen to be on 1.1.3 are u? hehe muhahaha
    Update wifes' didnt refresh wtf is goin on I just want my keyboard back lol.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Ok so let me make sure I understand u, If im running installer 3.0 (which I am) its the installer thats screwed and I should manually install installer (which version? 3.0 again?) then try it? and if that doesnt work restore and start from scratch?

Also whats strange is while im responding I turned off my wi-fi and refreshed my sources and in a few seconds it worked this time (are u good luck) lol, Now im trying my wifes' (touch) like I said all i need is one program called "ziphone ibrickr fix" it allows ibrickr (and other programs to see the phone as jailbroken) so I can grab her keyboard artwork because I tried to be fast and screwed mine AND deleted my back up. then ill leave installer alone for while until a genuine fix or somethin is found.

Hey, U wouldnt happen to be on 1.1.3 are u? hehe muhahaha
    Update wifes' didnt refresh wtf is goin on I just want my keyboard back lol.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, basically that is what I recommend you do. let me know how things go!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Got it working!! Dont know how but it just started workin out of the blue! I didnt do anything different (didnt have a chance to) but luckily its up n runnin' Thanx for all ur help. I DID do all ur recommendations just to prevent this from happening again.

*headin' to the thanx button*