Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer Problems

Default Installer Problems
    Anyone else having problems with installer?

its stopped working on all 3 of my iPhones (2 updated to latest installer, 1 not)

whenever i try to install a package it gives the error 'package download failed'

i have a feeling its a server issue

anyone?

yup actually i was about to post the same problem. My signal is maximum and my phone is 1.1.2 OTB JB and unlocked but can't download anything.. "package download failed. Can't find host".

I just unlocked my iphone oob1.1.2 and have the installer with it but my problem was i could not find the rest of the summer board theme and mostly the games like iblack jack,islot, domino and isolitare. could anyone Help me!?

You need to update both Installer, and the "Community Sources" packages immediately (these should be available in the "Update" screen).

These errors are from using old versions of Installer and stale "Community Sources" servers.

i just jailbroke my 16g 1.3 and when igot back up to 1.1.3 the only thing installed was the installer app nothing else no phone nothing and installer didnt work. ?

Okay after reading around and playing around with it. I found a way to bypass this. I got ibrickr program Download here and after that i downloaded PXL Package. After this finished (after unzipping the files) i installed pxlpack and pxl plugins through iBrickr. You will see a PXLpack logo on your screen after u install it. Just go through there to install whatever you need. It works for me.
    ( I did this because I cant even get the update of the installer, the damn error kept appearing thats why I work around this way.)