Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newly installed apps from INSTALLER dont show up on springboard

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Newly installed apps from INSTALLER dont show up on springboard
    after 2 days of installer not working, now i'm being told that it's installing, but after the soft reboot, they dont show up on the springboard...
    it does say DOWNLOADING with a progress bar, so it's acting as if everything is going OK, but at the end, the app doesnt show...
    what can it be?

If your having bigger problems like your installer isn't working, apps showing up on the springboard is the least of your problems. Are there any other symptoms of your phone? You should consider re-installing installer. if not re-jailbreaking the phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well, the installer seems to be working now..before i kept on getting error messages, at least now it's telling me that the programs are downloading

anyone? i feel helpless without installer
    Last edited by apercele79; 2008-02-11 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Are all the apps you are downloading not showing up or just specific ones? What firmware version are you running?

Green Apple
    Thanks

every single app is showing as if it's downloading..progress bar and everything
    it soft restarts as if the program is successfully installed....but no app on spring board
    im running an OTB 1.1.2 that i downgraded to 1.1.1 then back to 1.1.2 and then upgraded to 1.1.3

I'm having this exact same issue. I downgraded to 1.1.1, then did all the steps to get to a jailbroken 1.1.3. Everything was working great, and I was able to install apps, Summerboard, themes, etc. Then it began exhibiting the same behavior: Installer "looks" like it installs an app, but no new app shows up and it is also not in the "uninstall" menu. I have restarted and made sure Installer, BSD, etc. is up to date. No luck.

Strange.

My only suggestion would be to run Poof and hide/unhide them and see if that makes a difference, however if you can't get Poof running that may be a problem in itself...

Green Apple
    Thanks

what a strange problem to have....i dunno how 2 get around it

did you check the SMB prefs when you open it on the very bottom it would say smb prefs3.0 and summerboard3.0(active) if not try putting the iphone in its dock and open it with ibricker it will turn it on! I hope for your sake!