Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer Issue (Help Needed!)

Question Installer Issue (Help Needed!)
    I just UNLOCKED my 1.1.2 OTB iPhone using the iClarified method. Everything went well & now have an unlocked iPhone (still have yet to upgrade it to 1.1.3).
    Now, I go to Installer to install some applications right after unlock, I was able to install the Sketch app. Then I wanted to install the iSolitaire (to be specific) but then this message that says Package download failed: can't find host! keeps appearing!
    If I was able to download 1 application right after the UNLOCK process, should'nt everything be ok? Then all of a sudden it says; "can't find host" what does that mean?
    I do have the latest Installer version. But does that mean I have to upgrade to 1.1.3 now?!

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

no happened to me yesterday day uninstall a source its usually a bad one thats messing up installer
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Default Thankx!
    So you just pretty much uninstalled any random application you have & it started working again? We'll see...I'm gonna try that & hope it fixes it.

Thanks, man!

Nope. Tried what you said. Uninstalled at least 2 applications & now it won't even let me UNINSTALL. It still keeps saying Package uninstall failed; can't find host! WTF happened?
    Last edited by brownbulldawg; 2008-02-11 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've got same problem here... It says "Package download failed: can't find host!"... It starts to send/receive something wirelessly and it doesn't stop until I go to sources and click REFRESH... Then it refreshes and stops with wireless communication...
    please HELP people

Thanks

no i mean uninstall a source that worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    no i mean uninstall a source that worked for me
    Which source?

im having the exact same problem as well.

just tried to uninstall a source and re download an app and still getting the same message

error: package download failed: cant find host!

anything else i should try?

Thanks

hmm what are you trying to download

It just started working again for me. Last night, it wouldn't even let me uninstall applications. But what I did was installed Community Sources & from there..I was able to install it. So I tried to install a couple more apps just to be sure & they went through.
    Try that & it should work.

Same thing going on here after installed goehot unlock. It doesn't matter what I try to install i get the same message. Package uninstall failed; can't find host! games, utilities, dictionaries etc. same message. What source did you unistall? Also dont know how to reinstall installer.app. Using Windows XP have ssh installed on phone and wincsp on computer but when i download installer.app file it is zipped and when i try to unzip i get a message about the files having the same name...