Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer updated to 3.0, now, can't seem to "update" apps

Default Installer updated to 3.0, now, can't seem to "update" apps
    Installer updated to 3.0, now, can't seem to "update" apps , however, I was able to install a new app yesterday.

I loaded installer just a few days ago, and it updated installer automatically. Then, I went to my updates tab (10 updates!), and tried to update BSD subsystem (I wanted to eventually move to 1.1.3), but it crashed. Then i try BSD lite subsystem (don't even know the difference), crashed. With BSD subsystem it seemed to download, and had a pop up that said "do not use passwd to change the password on 1.1.3, it is currently broken and will make springboard crash continusly!" but the next screen, i guess that is update, it then crashed.

So, what should I do?

Thanks
    Default :(
    Same problem with me.

It won't let me click 'OK'.

I just got a previously used iPhone in the mail, jailbroke it and downgraded it to 1.1.1 today. I successfully fake-activated it about an hour ago.. and I wanted to try and install the BSD Subsystem because that's what it says is needed before you can install the ModMyI upgrade/thing loaded on yesterday.

My goal is to get an unlocked, fully functional (with 1.1.3 upgrades) to my iPhone. (i NEED the web shortcuts and rearranging of the home screen!)

Can Somebody please walk me through this? Thanks!

Ethan

just fixed it. you have to hold your power button and home button, don't power off, and complete a hard reset. then installer is all good.

let me try and download the BSD again.
    hold on.

Download of BSD Subsystem finished smoothly!
    Please note that after it is done that same screen will pop up, but this is normal. You can now hit OK without it crashing. It will then begin to install the real program update (Installing package...) for a second time.

It cleans up successfully!
    Last edited by xiethan; 2008-02-09 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Thanks

i betcha ur OS drive is full. Fix by removing a few things, installing bosstool, and moving ur apps to the media drive.
    when you download apps its installed to the os drive (has the operating system files) bosstool moves and links apps to the media drive (has music, ect) and itll do it automaticly from then on. Also it makes the space meter in prefrences.app/general/about to show your real space left

Quote Originally Posted by yomommah View Post
    i betcha ur OS drive is full. Fix by removing a few things, installing bosstool, and moving ur apps to the media drive.
    when you download apps its installed to the os drive (has the operating system files) bosstool moves and links apps to the media drive (has music, ect) and itll do it automaticly from then on. Also it makes the space meter in prefrences.app/general/about to show your real space left
    THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Awesome.