Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Installer On My Jailbroken 1.1.2 Phone Wtf?!

Default No Installer On My Jailbroken 1.1.2 Phone Wtf?!
    LOL. sorry the long title. wanna grab ppls eyes. anyways i was 1.1.1 decided hey i wanna make my springboard jiggle and move my icons around. Did oktoprep. went into idemocracy2.0. downloaded 1.1.2 frimware. put my phone in to recovery. restored it to 1.1.2. then hit the jailbreak button. realized i had a old version of java. installed a new version then it finally went through said somthing about oktoprep. and said my phone is jailbroken. then i did natetrues ibrickr.(still didnt have installer figured this would fix it somehow) and now im stuck with no installer. and the 1.1.3 softupgrade fix waiting to be used. and i cant use it. 4.0.2 it says is there a way just to install installer?

it does say "this Utility can only be used if you have already run OktoPrep before updating to 1.1.2"

so i guess it messed up somewhere = /. can i get past this till? or do i have to downgrade. and how would i do that. im not sure. i havent checked up on how to and with all the baseband talk im not sure if mine will work.
    Last edited by cursive08; 2008-02-08 at 05:23 AM.

I have the same problem. Upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and no Install.app. I have no YouTube and can't install anything I used to have. I am on Mac and I couldn't get 'Jailbreak' to open so used iNDependence to jailbreak it. I hope there is a way to install independently.

Hey guys..do you know that you have to upgrade to 113 then go down from there?just a thouhgt

I didn't intend updating to 1.1.3 yet. I updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and got locked out. It took me two days searching for info (as I'm new to this) and had major problems because Jailbreak 1.1.2 wouldn't open for me. Finally I managed it with iNDependence but it didn't install the 'Install.app' that jailbreak installs. Now I can't install software or get my YouTube working

I was hoping that someone had a work around for jailbreak or knew how to install the install.app independently.