Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about easy way to install Installer.app

Default Question about easy way to install Installer.app
    I've seen reference to the "Easy" way to install installer.app in the guide and here http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/ but I don't see a decent explanation of how to do it. The read me is a little too brief for me. All it says is "Please run get_installer.sh from Terminal, make sure to change to the iPhoneInstaller directory before running get_installer.sh" Has anyone done this that might be willing to give a little help?

Thanks

Yeah, it's a big vague if you're not too experienced in Terminal. Here's what you do:

1) Put the unzipped installer.app files in your phonedmg folder.
    2) In terminal, type: cd /phonedmg
    3) Now type: ./get_installer.sh

Then, I believe, that will install the whole deal for you, quick and easy. I can't check on the specifics right now because I'm at work and, therefore, away from my Mac, but this should work for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jedibugs For This Useful Post:

nevadadealers (2007-08-26)

just forget about that and go here:

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

"New GUI Installer: Just released, we now have a GUI installer for Mac OS X. Download v2.2 and try it out. Please report any problems."

click the download link and this application installs the installer without you having to do anything! no terminal, no jailbreak, just obeying simple commands

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jujubeanser For This Useful Post:

nes app worked great to launch i installed BSD subsystem and Open SSH i still cant SSH to my phone i jailbreak then try in terminal and in cyberduck and transmit and i get a timed out or failed. i just wanted to put the roms on the phone, i creaked a roms folder in the applications with terminal but can not access them.
    Last edited by reymysteriojr; 2007-08-25 at 06:04 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reymysteriojr For This Useful Post: