Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update Installer > Installer crashes

Default Update Installer > Installer crashes
    Hello All,

Yesterday I updated Installer,... If I remember correctly it was Installer 3.0, don't know which version number the new one would be.

Every time I try to start up installer it crashes immediately. I don't know what I should do next, cause I don't know how to start it again?

Is there anybody who could help me with it? Thanks in advance.

(btw: I did restore it back to its factory settings,... firmware 1.1.3)

Did Installer crash while refreshing sources? Because in that case, its because Ste's source has been facing downtime issues, due to which it doesn't load, causing Installer to stop.

thanks aahandagr8! But I don't think that's the problem,... Installer quits immediately. So no welcome/intro screen just an immediate crash.

me too. ive already deleted the remote packages.plist and trustsources.plist and restarted the iphone (1.1.1) and its still not working. it goes to a white screen for 1 sec and then goes back to the main menu. need help badly.

Im getting a lot of script errors .

Quote Originally Posted by aahandagr8 View Post
    Did Installer crash while refreshing sources? Because in that case, its because Ste's source has been facing downtime issues, due to which it doesn't load, causing Installer to stop.

Hm - I'm having the same problem, it initializes itself and just when it starts to refresh the sources, it crashes. Is there one of the sources down again? This happened right after Installer wanted to update itself, which I let it do, when I then tried to download the first new App it crashed and will not properly restart since.

What should I do?

Oh, I am still on 1.0.2 (because I didn't know what was used to unlock it, I didn't want to take the chance). But maybe now it is time to actually do the whole virginizing and updating the firmware...

Some advice, please.,...

Thanks,
    bou

same probleme here

Quote Originally Posted by boudoir View Post
    Hm - I'm having the same problem, it initializes itself and just when it starts to refresh the sources, it crashes. Is there one of the sources down again? This happened right after Installer wanted to update itself, which I let it do, when I then tried to download the first new App it crashed and will not properly restart since.

What should I do?

Oh, I am still on 1.0.2 (because I didn't know what was used to unlock it, I didn't want to take the chance). But maybe now it is time to actually do the whole virginizing and updating the firmware...

Some advice, please.,...

Thanks,
    bou

EXACT same problem here.
    I also have no knowledge of how to update the firmware since the phone came unlocked to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

EDIT: I guess I should have mentioned that the below text is a LINK to another thread with a fix for this problem done by SSHing into the iPhone:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...nymore-me.html
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 2008-05-25 at 05:03 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

me too with the same prob ne help

Default easy fix
    hey ive had my installer crashing for the past 2 months so i found an easy fix
    step1:reboot iphone
    2pen installer
    3:while installer is loading hold down the lock button until it says slide to turn off hit cancel
    but still hold the button waiit till the sources are done refreshing then let go
    4:while the installer is up and running delete some apps/addons then if updatable dont wait update it

Thanks

HI guys, I am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken, and I am also having the same problem! I can't follow the last advice, cuz, it just goes to the white blank screen, then goes straight back to homescreen, so it doesn't even show me the welcome installer screen??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    my iPod crashes rite away and I don't want to rejailbreak. How do u delete the sources from mobile finder cuz when I do it It does not do anything, do I need a certain setting on or sumthing??? Sum1 please help.

need.

Btw, I can't go to the installer or welcome screen, it goes blank and back to homescreen. How do I ficmx in mobile finder and ruts the setting to delete stuff on it?!!
    Last edited by bradencompton; 2008-07-24 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cfkiphone4 View Post
    2pen installer
    3:while installer is loading hold down the lock button until it says slide to turn off hit cancel
    but still hold the button waiit till the sources are done refreshing then let go
    4:while the installer is up and running delete some apps/addons then if updatable dont wait update it
    thanks this works! i had just installed all sources which installed 130+ sources, and lots of game apps. so now i'm just uninstalling the games i don't use and all those sources

So I guess this means that everyone who chose installer over cydia isn't to happy right now huh? Just messing with you guys, I hope things work out right. It seems installer 4 is looking good and almost ready anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cfkiphone4 View Post
    2pen installer
    Doesn't work for me - still jumps back to springboard after hitting 'cancel'...

Any other suggetions?

Thanks,
    boudoir

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    any1 know how to redo the whole software on there ipod, i downloaded ziphone and it deleted sumthing on the system software, can sum1 plz help me?!?!?!

life saver man thanks so much!!!!!!