Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer 4 blank after pwnie

Default Installer 4 blank after pwnie
    I upgraded to 2.0.2 today and used pwnie to jailbreak it. All is fine apart from installer has no packages in it at all - i've tried adding my own sources but it still doesn't show anything available. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem and I think its just that installer doesn't see anything as being compatible with 2.0.2, so it doesn't show anything.

If you install an pre Installer 4.0 repo which does not do the firmware check, a whole list of apps show. Give it a shot and add in big boss's repo for pre-4.0 installer. You get a whole list. Of course you can't install them since its for pre 2.x phones, but they show up.

So, I think the repo's just have to be updated to allow the things to show on 2.0.2, probably will happen once the 'official' way to get to 2.0.2 comes out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    I have the same problem and I think its just that installer doesn't see anything as being compatible with 2.0.2, so it doesn't show anything.

If you install an pre Installer 4.0 repo which does not do the firmware check, a whole list of apps show. Give it a shot and add in big boss's repo for pre-4.0 installer. You get a whole list. Of course you can't install them since its for pre 2.x phones, but they show up.

So, I think the repo's just have to be updated to allow the things to show on 2.0.2, probably will happen once the 'official' way to get to 2.0.2 comes out.
    You could try and change your firmware tag with the application, fwchanger or something. I've forgotten the exact name.
    Last edited by 461am; 2008-08-19 at 08:26 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I may try it later, to be honest its no big deal for me, just thinking thats what the problem is since the old repos will show the apps.

I've installed nothing via installer 4 yet. Maybe when its out of beta I will use it more, but for now its just something I'm following the progress of. Everything I have needed I installed via cydia.

EDIT: FYI, Mine just started working. I ran it a few minutes ago and the community sources appeared so I installed them and its now populated with whatever it had before. I also updated it to the beta 5 release.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 2008-08-19 at 10:20 PM.