Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem after installing Installer 4.0b5

Default Problem after installing Installer 4.0b5
    When i upgraded to 2.01 i didnt choose to install 'installer' as i was happy enough with Cydia, but when the new Installer 4.0b5 was released i thought i'd give it a go, so i downloaded it and put it in my apps folder via ssh. When i start it though i get the message 'INSUFECIENT PERMISIONS...it should be run as root:wheel', so i changed the permissions to 777, and changed the permission from root to wheel but i still get the same message,and stating that it may not work correctly. Could anyone advise me on how to rectify this please

P.S. If its any help, i am running Windows, Thanks
    Last edited by neildunne; 2008-08-19 at 11:35 AM.

I have the same problem, please help

Did some searching today and figured this out, you have to do two things.

chmod -R 777 "/Applications/Installer.app"

chmod a+srx "/Applications/Installer.app/Installer"

After that you should be good to go, I haven't had any problems since (besides mmi's repo).
    Last edited by ohaider; 2008-08-21 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for your reply bud, but i cant chmod as i am using a windows pc and not osx

You can chmod by using SSH. I am on windows and did that via a command line in SSH.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alaiwy For This Useful Post:

kanaya (2008-08-23)

I had the same problems then i read somewhere that the 4.0b5 had some serious bugs so i restored my phone and have no upgraded to 4.0b5 and installer is working flawless. Guess ill just wait and find out what happens with the 4.0b6