Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My installer.app is going mental.....? help!

Default My installer.app is going mental.....? help!
    My installer keeps telling me I have an update for installer to installer 3.0. However I have manually installed Installer.app 3.0 via ssh from the link provided in the info notes released yesterday. But the update notification is always there and if i try to update it, then I get the space error alert. So i was wondering if there is a way to let this alert go away...?

Also I have another problem: I know Ste Packaging servers are down so the downloads get errors, but my REAL problem is that when I try to download another app from another source the application downloads, installs and cleans up.. and when i got to my home the app is not there.. if I restart the app is not there.. so i want to uninstall it and maybe try to reinstalling it but the app is not in the uninstall tab.. so what's going on??

Thanks a lot for your support!

just logged in with ssh and i can see the applications in the Applications folder but not in my iPhone.. very strange :S

just logged in with ssh and i can see the applications in the Applications folder but not in my iPhone.. very strange :S
    Last edited by Speida; 2008-02-03 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

all iPhones have 2 partitions on the 'disk'.

you are out of room on the first partition (the small one for the apps)

you can:
    a. remove a bunch of apps
    b. manually clean up crap left over from whatever you've done to your iPhone.
    c. manually move all apps to the second partition.
    d. get BossTools! which will do the dirty work for you.

pick D! but you may have to remove an app or two first for BossTools to fit on your iPhone.

if you are comfortable, you can do C from the command line in ssh.

cp /Applications /var/root/Applications
    mv /Applications /Crapps
    ln -s /var/root/Applications /Applications

reboot , verify that it all works, then log back in and

rm -rf /Crapps

PS.. I did C, friends have done D!
    Last edited by jakecigar; 2008-02-03 at 08:40 PM.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jakecigar For This Useful Post:

Speida (2008-02-04)

Also, you said that you have installed installer manually yourself. In doing this, it sounds like you did not give installer the proper permissions. It must be set with 6755 permissions. Give it a chmod 6755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer. Due to the fact that installer did not have proper permissions, the apps you installed did not have +x permissions so you don't see them. You can go and uninstall them and reinstall them or you can manually chmod +x each executable in each app you installed.

PS: this assumes you are running 1.1.3.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Also, you said that you have installed installer manually yourself. In doing this, it sounds like you did not give installer the proper permissions. It must be set with 6755 permissions. Give it a chmod 6755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer. Due to the fact that installer did not have proper permissions, the apps you installed did not have +x permissions so you don't see them. You can go and uninstall them and reinstall them or you can manually chmod +x each executable in each app you installed.

PS: this assumes you are running 1.1.3.
    i did chmod it to 755 but it still shows me the update available to 3.0 and everytime it reloads the sources it tells me to do the update.. how come?? my version is 3.0!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakecigar View Post
    all iPhones have 2 partitions on the 'disk'.

you are out of room on the first partition (the small one for the apps)

you can:
    a. remove a bunch of apps
    b. manually clean up crap left over from whatever you've done to your iPhone.
    c. manually move all apps to the second partition.
    d. get BossTools! which will do the dirty work for you.

pick D! but you may have to remove an app or two first for BossTools to fit on your iPhone.

if you are comfortable, you can do C from the command line in ssh.

cp /Applications /var/root/Applications
    mv /Applications /Crapps
    ln -s /var/root/Applications /Applications

reboot , verify that it all works, then log back in and

rm -rf /Crapps

PS.. I did C, friends have done D!
    Thanks a lot!

this solved all my problems!!
    Last edited by Speida; 2008-02-04 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost