Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Messed up installer?

Default Messed up installer?
    Hey guys, it seems to me i am practically obsessed with my iphone, not the poor thing hasnt gone a full week without restoring. for some reason now when i try to download something from installer for example apollo, or some games, it gives me :

Error
    The Package failed to download.

i tried rejailbreaking it about 3 times and everytime i get the same problem, i am currently running the installer 1.1.3 upgrade to see if it works better with 1.1.3 although i doubt it. if you guys know any fixes please let me know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've had this error and noticed it mainly on untrusted sources, although I installed Apollo just fine.

i had the same problem, and i shut off my phone then turned it back on and it let me download a few apps, then gave me the error again, and i shut it off and on again, and i got the error one more time after that and then it started working fine, im assumming u installed bosstools, cause i got that error after installing that app, i think installer see's the folder as a ghost or something, being that its an alias to the real app folder, im not sure but u can try that

that's what i heard on another forum when i was trying to figure out what was wrong. i've been able to download many things, ever since i upgraded to 1.1.3. now when i install summerboard themes they don't showup on my smbprefs. i tried restarting it too. now that i got the majority of the apps that i want, i can't customize my dock either unless its one of the default themes with smbprefs such as louie mantia, leopard, summerboard, etc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    that's what i heard on another forum when i was trying to figure out what was wrong. i've been able to download many things, ever since i upgraded to 1.1.3. now when i install summerboard themes they don't showup on my smbprefs. i tried restarting it too. now that i got the majority of the apps that i want, i can't customize my dock either unless its one of the default themes with smbprefs such as louie mantia, leopard, summerboard, etc.
    I think the reason you cannot see your themes is because they are being installed in /var/root/... but they should be in /var/mobile.... You can move them yourself or download a fix that will create a shortcut link. I forget the name but you should see it from the installer if you have all the Sources installed.

Default you're wrong
    its the same reason why armadillo is keeping it from the public unless the public donates. it costs too much money to keep it open to the public, it costs money to have sources hosting apps. thats why you get an error.

i, myself am having problems too. i was at 1.1.3 and brought myself down to 1.1.1 and wated my summerboard back and the dock app as well as some themes and customize files. none of which are hosted. i was lucky to find the dock app floating around the web and installed it via ibrickr for 1.1.1 through PXL.

if anyone has any ideas on where to find the apps for PXL install through ibrickr, i would appreciate it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

"i had the same problem, and i shut off my phone then turned it back on and it let me download a few apps, then gave me the error again" this sucks i have to turn my phone off and refresh everytime i download fromn installer

hmmmm, im going to try this now.

-------------------------------------------------------

thats pretty interesting, before i posted earlier i tried it and, well obviously no luck otherwise i wouldn't have posted, lol but it worked only for summerboard. thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Sticky111; 2008-02-04 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had this problem after i upgraded and restored yesterday. It is true that when you hard reset your iphone it allows you to download a few apps before it buckles again.

What has fixed this issue for me was when you start up installer, to the right side of the wifi bar on the top of your screen you will notice a loading symbol constantly swirling. If you clear the queue as this is a newly added feature when ur installing apps and ensure that the loading symbol isnt visible then any applications you install will be fine.

Or... if your in installer and the loading symbol doesnt disappear to terminate installer hold down the home button until installer disappears and then restart it... it should work fine.

But that's what ive noticed... when its loading your more than likely to get this error... hope this helps.
    iPhone 8Gb Firmware Version 1.1.1

10. The Following User Says Thank You to djkai For This Useful Post:

SMW22792 (2008-02-04)

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky111 View Post
    its the same reason why armadillo is keeping it from the public unless the public donates. it costs too much money to keep it open to the public, it costs money to have sources hosting apps. thats why you get an error.

i, myself am having problems too. i was at 1.1.3 and brought myself down to 1.1.1 and wated my summerboard back and the dock app as well as some themes and customize files. none of which are hosted. i was lucky to find the dock app floating around the web and installed it via ibrickr for 1.1.1 through PXL.

if anyone has any ideas on where to find the apps for PXL install through ibrickr, i would appreciate it.
    Where did you find the dock app?
    Thanks