Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer crashing after 1.1.2 jailbreak (only recently after apptap update)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Installer crashing after 1.1.2 jailbreak (only recently after apptap update)
    Hey all,

I've jailbroken a few phones on 1.1.3 and after AppTaps updates, things don't seem to be working correctly anymore.

I have two first run phones, they both came with firmware 1.0 as my own did, and here's whats happening:

These are locked, ATT phones on ATT accounts.

Restore phones to 1.1.3 so baseband is updated fo lockdown file can be replaced later.

I restore back to 1.1.1 and get the phone up and running with ibrickr 1.91 and the phone boots.

I goto jailbreakme.com and it does its things and installs the 'new' installer.

Now, I instal ok to prep and then upgrade to 1.1.2, now I jailbreak 1.1.2.

After 1.1.2 is jailbroken I have the installer icon on the springboard, but it won't launch, it starts and just exists out.

Is this because the 1.1.2 jailbreak is installing an older Installer then whats been installed from AppTapp?

I've done this process about 9 times, with no issues, but now that jailbreakme.com has done some changes....things are not working.

Any suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbreakme.com has oktoprep installed already maybe dont install oktoprep and try that?
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Just tried that and it didn't even get me to 1.1.2.

I installed apptap via jailbreakme.com and then tried to do an update to 1.1.2 and it came back with an error saying it was unable to update. The main page at modmyi.com was also updated saying the installer doesn't install the oktoprep as it says it does.

I'm going to try and install ssh when doing the 1.1.2 jailbreak, least then I should be able to ssh in.

If anyone else is experiencing this or have a suggestion, let me know.