Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error: Package download failed - 1.1.3 - Installer 3.0

Default Error: Package download failed - 1.1.3 - Installer 3.0
    I don't know why, but this new Installer is messin with me. It's not allowing me to install any 3rd party apps. When I first used it, I downloaded a few such as MobileChat, Customize, SMB, and etc...but its not working anymore. Everytime I either try to uninstall or install anything, it goes right to the "Error - package download failed" bubble.

In addition [what i think is contributing to this problem...] in the top left corner, it shows the "loading circle" when im just sitting stationary in installer. It must be loading something and cutting off the install and uninstall sections. Bah. And whats up with this Queue thing. It's gettin to me.

In addition AGAIN: My Youtube just says "You must first connect to iTunes with an Internet connection to enable YouTube" WTF. I AM. AAAAAAAAH.

::Edit:: The Youtube situation wasn't bad, I fixed it with the YoutubeFix in Apfelphone.net's source.

But otherwise, I altered the Touch feature in Advanced Prefs, uninstalled it, and now cant set it back to normal since stupid installer and it's stupid queue feature are both messed up. I cant type normally on my keyboard =[[[.
    Last edited by back2thebeatof84; 2008-02-03 at 10:55 AM.

I was having the exact issue you described including the loading icon in the top. I restarted my phone and all is well.

goodluck

I am having the same issue, I actually just upgraded to 113 yesterday and downloaded a bunch of apps, everything seem to be working fine, until now, it wont let me download anything, I get the same error as you do, probably the servers are overwhelmed, dont really know. Please post something if you get an answer for this, Ill do the same.

Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to diazjoaquin For This Useful Post:

dawood82 (2008-02-05)

i had this same problem but after messing with it for awhile found a solution, though not really permanent. Just add whatever you want to install to the queue, then try to install it but it will fail, thats ok. Now click install again and then click clear queue, now click install and try to install it. That seemed to work sometimes. If it doesnt just repeat that process a few times and sometimes that made it work too. Im going back to an older version of installer though cause its a pretty annoying problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sloambbr For This Useful Post:

dawood82 (2008-02-05)

For the 1 million times , u get that message because u ran out of space , uninstall some pic or app to make space. Pass on please

Quote Originally Posted by dnoc View Post
    For the 1 million times , u get that message because u ran out of space , uninstall some pic or app to make space. Pass on please

I don't think so Dnoc, my BossTool says I still have 128 Mb in the OS portion...Some apps I could download after the first few tries but some I just couldn't get at all.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

had the same problem today and had 6 gigs left hard reset fixed it!
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

still_kickin (2008-02-03)

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    had the same problem today and had 6 gigs left hard reset fixed it!
    Hard reset as in HomeButton/TopButton hold until reboot?

::EDIT:: I found part of the problem. Ever notice that "Untrusted Sources" give you a Red Install button because its supposed to warn you? Well, all installions and applications that are trusted and have normal black buttons will install fine with sufficient space.

Im trying to install Advanced Preferences since I need to recalibrate my touch settings, but it's untrusted so it's not letting me and I'm going crazy. Anyway I can trust that source??
    Last edited by back2thebeatof84; 2008-02-03 at 05:54 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to back2thebeatof84 For This Useful Post:

christopher.michael24 (2008-04-03), techgirl (2008-02-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey dnoc, that can't be the problem cause my 16 gig is COMPLETELY empty and i'm still haveing hte problem. With my touch, i get teh "main script execution failed" whatever message for everything and than when i exit installer it does that loading circle in the middle of the screen and freezes up there. I'm afraid to reset it becuase this happened to me 2 nights ago and it locked up and i had to completely restart, which is where i'm at now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yah, i disagree with dnoc too as I have lots of space.
    I agree with backtothebeatof84 with some of the untrusted sources but also you can get it with normal black install button. But what is odd, is like iBlackjack i have it installed on my iPhone, but my wife has this error when she installs it. So, maybe its just something going on with some of the Sources at the time of install.

Also, I fixed my YouTube from this posting

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...752#post171752

Worked for me but others it did not so I guess no guarantee. Maybe back up your YouTube.app first. I'm on 1.1.3 from the Dev's Installer.

Try this n tell me if works , just uninstall pic in itunes ,install apps . sync pic back.

i had the same problem as you guys with installer.app, and also my youtube wasnt working and now thats working, i just followed what sloanbbr said and it seems to be working now all the time, quite a weird fix but yea or maybe just try restarting your phones a couple of times

Well...I'm kinda stuck in a catch 22...I installed advanced prefs and was messing around with the "Touch" feature...and unknowingly I uninstalled it without setting it back to normal...so now my touch is messed up and is calibrated so it thinks my finger is actually pressing on it half an inch higher than it actually is. Ridiculous, right?

Could someone else with this "Error" problem try and install Advanced Preferences in 'Ipod Touch Fans?'

this is annoying......same thing with me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeh had the same problem but did what sloanbbr said to and strangely enough it worked! thanks man

EDIT: Well it worked for 2 programs and i couldnt get it to work again... weird

EDIT 2: OK iv refined sloanbbr's method. This is what worked for me...

I went into installer and tried to install it failed etc. i got the little loading circle uptop so i exited installer and turned off iphone (hold the power and home button till it says slide to turn off then slide) then turned it back on (power button) then i went into installer, found the package i wanted (Books) and went to install in the top right cornor BUT I PRESSED ADD TO QUEUE NOT INSTALL and i went back a to list of apps then i went back into the package i wanted (books) and pressed install in the top right cornor again and this time PRESSED INSTALL it failed with that cannot download error and i went back to the list of apps again. then i went back into the package i wanted (Books) and pressed install in the top right cornor again and pressed CLEAR QUEUE then pressed the install button again in the top right cornor but this time pressed INSTALL and it worked! Further more, after i installed the app and pressed the home button and after it restarted itself i went back into installer and was able to go to any app, press add to queue and then go back into it and press install and it would work right away

i know a lot of work but if ur desperate thats how it works

laz
    Last edited by lazarest; 2008-02-03 at 02:08 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazarest For This Useful Post:

ghalia (2008-02-20), ginister (2008-06-22)

check out STE site's home page. he mentioned that his problem with one of his servers blocked a chunk of the apps. so downloading them fails. i have experienced this as well since i just restored my phone again and needed to re-install my apps. the other STE-hosted apps on other servers and from other repositories like MMi's repo downloads and installs fine. i don't believe this is an Installer 3.0 problem at all as long you're sure you have enough free memory.

it's clear that STE is trying his best to resolve the problem since after waiting a few hours, some of the ones that failed before downloaded and installed fine but others still fail. we'll just have to be a little patient and wait till the issue gets resolved or try to help out STE in any way we can.
    Last edited by m.o.r.; 2008-02-03 at 02:04 PM.

Well Laz, no matter what, I think it's too inconsistent to try and reduce it to a science. Like, you can just scramble around with all those 'remove from queue' , then 'add to queue' , then restart phone, then do this and that...and it'll work eventually.

I still can't download anything from Skylar which is killing me because I need to re-calibrate my touch settings.

Anyone have any luck recently?

just as a workaround for now. If installer gives you this error, simply hold the home button until it forces installer to close, then reopen it. You will be able to install a few applications before you get the spinning circle of doom again, which the same steps will work for a few more apps.

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Well Laz, no matter what, I think it's too inconsistent to try and reduce it to a science. Like, you can just scramble around with all those 'remove from queue' , then 'add to queue' , then restart phone, then do this and that...and it'll work eventually.
    I tend to agree.

There is not a consistent practice for getting these things.. sometimes they generate an error sometimes simply time out.. you can reboot, queue do whatever but the bottom line is that there is something wrong with the latest upgrade. I imagine it will be addressed in time.. however it is frustrating and makes you think about researching your updates before doing them.

I'm too lazy to go back and reinstall a previous version. However it all worked fine until the latest two updates.

Just in case it'll help solve this problem, I'm having the same issue with the latest installer but on 1.1.2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast