Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error: Package download failed - 1.1.3 - Installer 3.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

upgrade installer to 3.01

Default Installer and Package Download Error -issue
    Oh no
    Last edited by white poodle; 2008-03-03 at 09:12 AM. Reason: wrong thread ooops bad poodle

I dont know why, but this is related to trusted and untrsuted sources.

Ive updated to 1.1.4 and then Ziphone 2.0d to get installer working. Brilliant, everything hunky dory until I start to add some sources. Seemingly randomly then constant package failures then ensue.

Ive found one solution - reinstall community sources then everything works fine.

Noones mentioned before, once you have had a failed package install, there is a timer running on the status bar at the top - it carries on until you quit installer.

I have tried rebooting, pressing home to quit app etc.

This is a bug in installer - dont know who to report it to but Im willing to beta test any fixes if thats any use!

was having the same problem. You can update installer and it'll work fine after that, like zsuns said.

Worked! I sent u a thx

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Phix View Post
    Don't worry, you don't have to reinstall the Installer, codeman.

Just look for the "Sources" category in Installer and add the "Community Sources" by Nullriver. This upgrade will automatically correct the URL of Ste's repository site.
    (or you can, of course, change the address of "Ste Packaging" manually if u prefer - see the URL in my previous post.)

If you see the text "New and Improved!" in the description of Ste Packaging you did everything right.
    That' all you had to do to access all the downloads.
    -iP3G RebelSIM -Tmo
    -iFone 2nd Gen - 2.0 - Tmo
    -iMac 24" running WinXP Pro
    -Black Berry Pearl
    -HTC Tilt unlocked WM6.1

I get problems OFTEN on failed package installs that have to do with Conceited Software. If my queue is empty, I can install any app just fine, but if it's from Conceited Software, it fails. But a few hours later, it might work just fine.

Seems to be an issue with them. As long as you have them in the queue, your hosed on installing anything new, so got to clear the queue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just read through all four pages and tried everything. The community sources is the only thing I've been able to install. (with new & improved STE)

I am trying to install Summerboard and BSD Subsystem so its not like I am downloading from unsafe sources or useless applications. I get the spinning sun that doesn't stop even though I am not downloading anything.

I just restored my phone to 1.1.1 then upgraded to 1.1.2 (oktoprep) and then did the soft upgrade to 1.1.3 (Dev Team) so there is no issue with space or having a corrupted program.

Any help besides what's already here?

I have a similar problem, but only when its conceited pkgs. Everything else Downloads fine. Anyone been able to fix this prob? Do u think there is any reason some people r having this problem more often with conceited software?

please help. I have tried everything. Reboot, clear queue, etc...
    Last edited by jrauden; 2008-03-26 at 08:48 AM.

Hi,

I just got myself an iphone, v 1.1.4 and did the unlock all with Ziphone 2.5. All seem to work ok, ie, youtube, safari, email etc. However, I put in a simcard (from australia) and it shows no service. I tried running the Anysim in the installer, and I keep getting "package downloading failed" in alot of other apps. Can anyone help me on this?
    How to "activate" my iphone to make calls?

Thanks

i have tried all of the above remedys and none of them have worked for me... has anyone found an answer to this problem?

Same problem here. Have the little circle going when I open installer app. Try to install and get the dreaded ERROR Package download failed! Was running fine for a while and now this crap. Have not found a fix. Any ideas?????

I also having same problem and tried all above tricks but non worked. I have 1.0.2 with 3.01 installer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    I answered this in another thread. Hard reset is not necessary!

Go to sources and refresh...that gets rid of spinning circle.

Then go click on random program and hit install. then, instead of installing, hit "clear queue"

Tada! Just remember, don't keep on trying to install the program that caused the problem in the first place
    i still get the error message! im trying to instalal iSlsk. i had it, tried ssh'ing it, uninstalled it so i could start over fresh and now it wont let me install it again. grrr!

This worked perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    I answered this in another thread. Hard reset is not necessary!

Go to sources and refresh...that gets rid of spinning circle.

Then go click on random program and hit install. then, instead of installing, hit "clear queue"

Tada! Just remember, don't keep on trying to install the program that caused the problem in the first place

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123