Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1/2 way bricked after installer upgrade

Default 1/2 way bricked after installer upgrade
    So lastnight after taking all my Rx'd meds I decided to upgrade from JB 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 since it looked like it was close to a 1 click deal via installer.

I remember it took a whilebut I eventually had all the icons (had them hidden via customize before) I made sure I was on 1.1.3 my icons would shake if you held one down, evrerything seemed cool. Went to bed. Woke up and decided to hide the icons , looked for customize but it was gone so I opened the installer. It asked m to upgrade so I did thinking it was safe.

Now I get the connect to iTunes logo with some French words and the slide for emergency dial pad.

BUT I was using dock and that still works and let's me get to my phone, safari etc.

So right now everything works how I'd did cept for my NES roms got deleted, but I need to get rid of these French screens and get my wallpaper back.

Please advise!!

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

restore to 1.1.1 downgrade the baseband restore again to 1.1.1 unlock use ok to prep upgrade to 1.1.2 http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html
    with the bit in the guide that makes you downgrade the baseband with terminal just downgrade the baseband with downgrader pack 3 its in the hack that phone source
    Last edited by heath_rox; 2008-02-02 at 12:57 PM.
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heath_rox For This Useful Post:

hippie_man (2008-02-03)

everything works including google maps, its just that messed up thing for the home screen. You can still see my old wall paper behind the emergency dialer. I'm using edge now from work, the phone works also, just need to get rid of these screens, it seems like if I had customize I could fix it cause it looks like its just wallpaper files...

If nothing else works I'll start overike you said.
    Last edited by Ipwned; 2008-02-02 at 01:32 PM.