Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What does the add to queue button do in installer

Default What does the add to queue button do in installer
    As the title states. I just noticed this after I updated to the new version of installer. What does it exactly do?

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by jrdan24 View Post
    As the title states. I just noticed this after I updated to the new version of installer. What does it exactly do?

Jordan
    I dont know i was wandering the same thing i put something in queue nothing happened checked everywhere to see if it had an alternative spot iunno really dude :S....
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

It allows you to add stuff to a list of things to install, instead of individually installing packages. Then when you hit install on anything it will go and install everything in your queue too.

It's pretty cool actually, now I don't have to keep finding my way back to the same category when I want to install more than one theme or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mab0111 View Post
    It allows you to add stuff to a list of things to install, instead of individually installing packages. Then when you hit install on anything it will go and install everything in your queue too.

It's pretty cool actually, now I don't have to keep finding my way back to the same category when I want to install more than one theme or something.

so basically what your saying is that i can queue three or for items then find the last one that i want and click install and itll install them all ?
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

Green Apple
    Thanks

thats cool...

The thing is, if you have added a bunch of things to your queue, and then decide that you don't want any more, you have to either find something else to install, or (I think) find one of the things you put in your queue & click to install it. Otherwise, your stuff just sits in the queue until you install something the "old" way.

Would be nice to see "Install queued items" or something.

Its probably useful if you are on EDGE and trying to download a lot of things, you can wait until you get home, then install it all...

I put a bunch of things in the queue, but nothing installed when I selected install all. And the camera pro mod is always in the updates list, going from version 10 to 11, its rather annoying. Might just ditch it me thinks.

How do you actually start the queue going? I've just upgraded to 1.1.3 and have a heap of apps to install. I've added them to the queue, but cant see anything to start downloading?