Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installer missing??

Exclamation installer missing??
    hey i have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone with 1.1.1 running smoothly... till just now... i just downloaded this ny shiny dock application... and it makes the dock look very pretty but now my installer app and a few other apps have just disappeared from the applications list... plzz help.. i cant be bothered to restore!! HELP please help me uninstall this stupid dock!!

ok... so i decided to virginize my iphone..n restore the whole thing .. have been trying for a while now... very worried plzz help!!

i tried backing up the seczone using the terminal as mentioned in the guide..
    but after the password i get a message:
    -sh-3.2#
    after which if i type anything the connection is terminated. I know this is because im running ssh installed through independance but i cant install openssh from installer since installer icon isnt showing up :-(.. im soo scared i might muck this up plzzz help.. :-((

ok... so i decided to virginize my iphone..n restore the whole thing .. have been trying for a while now... very worried plzz help!!

i tried backing up the seczone using the terminal as mentioned in the guide..
    but after the password i get a message:
    -sh-3.2#
    after which if i type anything the connection is terminated. I know this is because im running ssh installed through independance but i cant install openssh from installer since installer icon isnt showing up :-(.. im soo scared i might muck this up plzzz help.. :-(( is there any other way to back up the seczone ?? so then i can move forward with the virginzing process

Quote Originally Posted by kunalsood.timmy View Post
    hey i have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone with 1.1.1 running smoothly... till just now... i just downloaded this ny shiny dock application... and it makes the dock look very pretty but now my installer app and a few other apps have just disappeared from the applications list... plzz help.. i cant be bothered to restore!! HELP please help me uninstall this stupid dock!!
    I had the problem once. No need to virginize. What happened to me was I installed too many apps and the installer icon got hidden under the 16 icons on the springboard. Just use ibrickr to remove some apps from your fone and the installer will re-appear. After that install the summerboard or xlaunch which allows you to scroll or flip the springboard. Now you can add all the apps you want. Remember to also add the bsd subsystem and openssh for in case you need to access the fone for adding/deleting/ uploading/downloading....

Quote Originally Posted by kunalsood.timmy View Post
    I had the problem once. No need to virginize. What happened to me was I installed too many apps and the installer icon got hidden under the 16 icons on the springboard. Just use ibrickr to remove some apps from your fone and the installer will re-appear. After that install the summerboard or xlaunch which allows you to scroll or flip the springboard. Now you can add all the apps you want. Remember to also add the bsd subsystem and openssh for in case you need to access the fone for adding/deleting/ uploading/downloading....

I know a post that starts with "sorry if this is a stupid question" will be immediately ignored... so now that I have prefaced with something else let me ask my stupid question: Where is the BSD subsystem in installer, or what source does it come from because i looked under all aps and I can't find it. thank you!

ok well... the impatient *** that i am i decided to delete all third party apps including installer :-(( and start fresh ... before waiting for ur replies.. !! anywayz now everytime i go to jailbreakme.com and try and install appsnapp it just loads a page with a question mark on the top left... rather than going back to main screen n installing screen??? anyway around this issue..??