Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok fix for corrupted installer!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Ok fix for corrupted installer!!!!
    If you lost your installer from an upgrade like i did, here how you get back.

I'm on a mac but i used the tutorial in the guide section on how to connect with ssh to a pc. I was using Parrellels to do it but and PC would do. here how you fix your corrupted download a replacement installer from here http://rapidshare.com/files/85531099/Installer.app.rar . UnRAR it. Open up WinSCP and login to your iphone, Delete some stuff that you don't need like desktop pictures, apps that you installed (ie GAMES you can replace them later. Now replace the installer in /Applications/ folder with the one you just UnRAR. In the Winscp window right click on the Installer.app (the one you just replaced) and make shure that the Permissions are:

owner R W X are checked But not SET UID
    Group R W X are checked But not SET UID
    Other R W X are checked But not Sticky Bit

Octal 0777 if Octal is not that then you are missing something

Press ok and then got the installer on your Phone and there you GO!!!!!!!!

It will ask you to update your installer don't be scared it will work this time.

Good luck guy I didn't really want to re jailbreak so i had to figure out this fix!!

Hamj

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamj For This Useful Post:

naughtynono (2008-04-11), The Almighty Sith Lord (2008-05-12)

Talking Thank You Sooo Much!!! ^_____^
    You are honestly my biggest hero!!

I was sooo bummed about this whole mess...

and I couldn't find a solution ANYWHERE!!

It took me about a freakin week just to jailbreak 1.1.3 (w/out keyboard, mail, music/video bugs or problems or stupid errors)

So I was so stoked when I finally got everything working, but then installer just kinda died on me... I was about to cry because I thought I was going to have to go through all that hell I went through just to jailbreak the stupid **** and I couldn't find a way to fix it, and the problem was goin on for 2 days already...

But then you came to my rescue and saved the day!!!!!! <3333333

so once again...

THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU!!!!

(hahahahaha sorry... I came off like I'm all over your nuts. my bad.. I'm just so ****** happy!!!)

Love,
    Vinxi =)

dude i'm very new with mac software and this whole computer thing, but can you explain it step by step?
    thanks bro