Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Installer Dead :|

Exclamation HELP!!! Installer Dead :|
    Hey, I just tried to update Installer, but my iPhone crashed during the update process. Now when I try to open Installer, it just reverts back to the home screen and doesn't allow me to do anything. Is there anyway I can download the latest installer on my Computer and put it on my iPhone via iPhoneBrowser? Or are there any other solutions?

Please Help, I'm really panicking now

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

Same exact thing happened to me a couple days ago. The only 2 suggestions I got was to go "restore" and try again with ibrickr. Just do a search with my login name. I'm new here so theres only going to be two threads or so posted by me. But what restore does is brings the phone back to its stock form, removes all the apps I had downloaded, and updates my phone from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. Which sucks because now I cant even jailbreak it! You can try jailbreaking your 1.1.1/1.1.2 phone with ibrickr-jb113 and then hopefully your installer icon would load properly? Maybe I should have tried that myself

Also be sure to sync your phone to your itunes so that IF you choose to go the restore route, so that when your phone is updated to 1.1.3 you will still have your contacts, videos, music, photos sent back to your phone.

Hope in my case someone figures out to directly jailbreak my 1.1.3, like I did back when I had 1.1.1

Good luck!

same exact crap just happened 2 me 5 mins ago, I think we probaly installed of when the applications folder was full or something

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

hold shift when u click restore so u can restore back to 1.1.1 to jailbreak then u can hold shift+select firmware to go back to 1.1.2 and not 1.1.3

Just download an Installer.app online and overwrite it.

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    Just download an Installer.app online and overwrite it.
    where can i download it

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

You dont have to restore your iPhone, just download iDemocracy for windows, install it then, youll see many tabs, choose the one that says install installer, then it should install the old version, it will say installed by iDemocracy, then go to the installer fix tab and click on it, follow the instructions on the screen again then now you have the next version of it, then make refresh sources then it will update to the last version. You can do that without restore your iPhone and without lose any of your apps.

Notice: You must do that connected to the internet on your PC

Important: Read and follow the instructions that appear on your screen while the procedure