Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Several 1.1.3 fixes in my installer repository now

Default Several 1.1.3 fixes in my installer repository now
    Since the current 1.1.3 jailbreak is not that stable, I have created several fixes and added them to my installer repository. Add sleepers.net/iphonerepo to get the fixes. The fixes include:

1.1.3 Mailfix - fixes pop / imap mail password issue.
    1.1.3 prefs fix - fixes prefs not saving or being stored (edge settings, network settings)
    1.1.3 ringtone fix - Thanks to Marasmus fixes the no ringtones issue. Does not solve the DRM issue just puts DRM free versions of the stock ringtones in place.
    Note that with 1.1.3 you have very little space. You should definitely move applications with bosstool. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...tool+installer

My plans for this week are:
    1) Fix categories to work on 1.1.3
    2) Add a prefs screen to bossprefs to allow you to put 5 icons on dock and hide icons (unless customize beats me to it).

**Edit - these are only for Nate True's jailbreak. Using the dev team's jailbreak, none of these are required. However, make sure you have upgraded installer to 3.10b while still in 1.1.2 or used the jb113.zip that includes installer. If installer does not have +s attributes, many things will not install!
    I don't know of any patches required for the latest jailbreak, however I have updated some of my apps already. I strongly recommend you use bosstool ASAP because you only get about 20mb free with no apps installed!
    Last edited by BigBoss; 2008-01-27 at 11:56 AM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

adrian1480 (2008-01-27), andrewbrimberry (2008-02-19), cnn888 (2008-03-01), CyberGreg (2008-01-26), ericidle (2008-01-26), iCity11 (2008-03-04), mysteria (2008-01-26), sziklassy (2008-01-26), whizkid (2008-02-14), xtasy127 (2008-01-26)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks alot. Keep up the good work. Going to try this all out now
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

Thanks for all the hard work. How about adding a simple background wallpaper app

Also there's a method to fix google's locate me with AT&T subscribers, It would be nice to have as a quick installer app fix.

the method is this:

download: http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd
    ssh to iphone, copy lockdownd to /usr/libexec, do chmod 555 lockdownd
    Last edited by psybert; 2008-01-26 at 03:08 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to psybert For This Useful Post:

fluffyarmada (2008-01-26)

Great work !!!!! thanks!!!!
    Would you know about some missing space? I removed all the install files and when I run boss tool it shows I have ~4800 mb free on one partition left. But when I go into iTunes it shows I only have ~350 mb. There is about 130 mb that is still un accounted for.

I have ssh'ed into my phone and for the life of me can seem to find where it is. Is it posible that in 1.1.3 apps are now installed on the same partition as the media ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to canadoc For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome BigBoss
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

can't load bosstool on OSX 10.5.1 "not supported on this architecture"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to steinberg_eric For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

thanks for your hard work man!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xtasy127 For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Very good stuff! Mailfix has been dead handy for me twice in last day and a half (of big fun with the current jailbreak)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickj For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

is it just me or is the locate me feature broken for t-mobile ?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xtasy127 For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

How about a fix to the wifi dropping issue when updating from 1.1.2? That would help out a bunch of people.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2008-01-27 at 04:44 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to macky801 For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post
    Also there's a method to fix google's locate me with AT&T subscribers, It would be nice to have as a quick installer app fix.

the method is this:

this method works right after you copy it to the directory but still after a restart/power cycle the settings dont hold... is someone else could please confirm this, that would be great... because if it works for you guys after a power cycle i need to begin troubleshooting my phone haha... what happens is after i slide to power off and turn my phone back on, go to google maps, hit locate me, it just keep loading... and never shows my locations, leaving me to do the Navizon trick again, once i do that google maps locate me works fine...

the method is this:

this method works right after you copy it to the directory but still after a restart/power cycle the settings dont hold... is someone else could please confirm this, that would be great... because if it works for you guys after a power cycle i need to begin troubleshooting my phone haha... what happens is after i slide to power off and turn my phone back on, go to google maps, hit locate me, it just keep loading... and never shows my locations, leaving me to do the Navizon trick again, once i do that google maps locate me works fine...
    Last edited by the sr5; 2008-01-26 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following User Says Thank You to the sr5 For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

the_sr5, I replaced the lockdownd file like mentioned but my experience was done with a fresh soft upgrade (i.e. don't connect and restore settings from iTunes' backup first, replace the lockdownd file then connect to iTunes). Then after restoring from a settings backup, the phone said it was activated and it stuck for me after reboots.

Maybe you should try that.

@BigBoss:

You may want to add info that MailFix ALSO fixes the passcode problem people were having (including myself)

"Call forwading active" hide fix, please?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kookoo For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2008-02-14)

Quote Originally Posted by kookoo View Post
    "Call forwading active" hide fix, please?
    Source install.ifon.no
    Section iFon Norway
    Patch name: "Viderekobling (1.1.1-1.1.3)

It works with 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3

Best regards iFon/Rossi
    Norwegian iPhone

How about adding a simple background wallpaper app
    I second this

Also, the hiding of icons is a major yes please - apparently Customize (according to thespicychicken.com) will stop with icon arrangement

I updated to 1.1.3 but the edge dosen't work and the sms shows the prefix +584140000000. please can you help with this?

BigBoss - thanks for your continued support. All the fixes worked great on my wife's iPhone! Mine is only messed up on my Marimba ringtone, not you're fault

There's a problem with the lockscreen password....I can't put a password for the lockscreen since I am in 1.1.3
    Last edited by moebius80; 2008-01-26 at 10:08 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast