Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: INstaller,app Taking too much time to load on wifi or edge

Default INstaller,app Taking too much time to load on wifi or edge
    till yesterday .Installer was working perfectly,loading properly no it just takes too much time to load
    it LOADS A BIT THEN STOPS AT ONE POINT FOR ABOUT HALF AN HOUR
    AND DOES NOT CONTINUE
    ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Same here. Happened this morning. Anyone else can confirm?
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

yep, seen it last couple of refreshes too

yup ive been getting the same thing it just stops at about 25% and it takes forever to continue refreshing.

remove some source?

For over a month I had the problem where it would refresh maybe 5% and then stay there indefinitely. This was before Installer was upgraded to not refresh every time you opened it. I would have to press the home button and reopen the program. Then, it would refresh and finish refreshing in less than 30 or 40 seconds. This happened even after I deleted a bunch of sources. Now that I updated it hasn't gotten stuck.

So, I am suggesting that you try the home button idea and see how that goes. It worked for me, but can't guarantee it will work for everyone obviously.

The only workaround that works for me when it comes to fixing this installer problem is if I turn wifi off, launch Installer app and wait for it to give you an error (because you are not connected to wifi), turn wifi on, go back to Installer app, then go to Sources and refresh from there. Prior to this, I waited for Installer to refresh for a good half an hour ! What is the deal with this ??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just hit the home button to end it and try again. sometime you have to do that a couple of times. that`s how i fix it.

Thanks blackwidow. I tried your method three times and it would still get stuck at about 70% when it is refreshing the sources. The method I had posted works for me.

THanks For THe QUick REplies
    But none of whats mentioned above helps

Now only refreshes about 40 percent
    not more
    Last edited by yashasvi; 2008-01-26 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had the same issue.

I actually turned off my Iphone & then turned it back on.

I also had to remove some of the "unknown" sources.

Well it works fine again
    THanks all