Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installer corrupted

Unhappy installer corrupted
    yo im not sure where to post this. so please correct me.
    the other day i opened installer to find out that it had an update. i updated amd now installer is corrupt and will not open at all. is there a way to reinstall installer?

Ipod Touch 8gb jailbroken
    firmware 1.1.2

I have the same problem it wont do anything i dont even have the installer icon anymore i have tried to reinstall through ibrickr with no luck.i have the 1.1.2 on my phone.i am getting so aggrevated nothing works pls help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jami1213 For This Useful Post:

aaakahamed (2008-01-27)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It happen to me too!! Please help!
    How would i re-install it manualy? i can connect to my phone with SSH or AFP and have finder installed on it and term-v100 as well.
    Last edited by hamj; 2008-01-26 at 04:59 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It just happened to me about 10 minutes ago.

It happened to me too.....My friend said to restore using i-tunes and start all over again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default fix
    If you lost your installer from an upgrade like i did, here how you get back.

I'm on a mac but i used the tutorial in the guide section on how to connect with ssh to a pc. I was using Parrellels to do it but and PC would do. here how you fix your corrupted download a replacement installer from here http://rapidshare.com/files/85531099/Installer.app.rar . UnRAR it. Open up WinSCP and login to your iphone, Delete some stuff that you don't need like desktop pictures, apps that you installed (ie GAMES you can replace them later. Now replace the installer in /Applications/ folder with the one you just UnRAR. In the Winscp window right click on the Installer.app (the one you just replaced) and make shure that the Permissions are:

owner R W X are checked But not SET UID
    Group R W X are checked But not SET UID
    Other R W X are checked But not Sticky Bit

Octal 0777 if Octal is not that then you are missing something

Press ok and then got the installer on your Phone and there you GO!!!!!!!!

It will ask you to update your installer don't be scared it will work this time.

Good luck guy I didn't really want to re jailbreak so i had to figure out this fix!!

Hamj