Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help after updating installer version 3.0b9 it got broken

Default Need help after updating installer version 3.0b9 it got broken
    I'm using 1.1.2 When I went to upgrade the nullrive installer to 3.0b9 it then broke it. Because you try to open it it doesn't open up. I think the reason is cause I ran out of space. Any way to just reinstall the installer or something with out going thru a whole system restore process?
    Thanks

Doubt you ran out of space, a few people have been experiencing problems with the Installer.app update breaking the app. Only thing I can suggest is to goto www.jailbreakme.com on the iphone and re-install installer.app from there.

However, a few people have also said the link isnt working properly. But check it out. I updated the app no problem.

I'm using 1.1.2
    So that jailbreakme.com won't work

Green Apple
    Thanks

you can also install Installer.app from ibrick.. its worked for my 1.1.2. jailbroken at&T

That same thing happened to me. How do you reinstall it? I went to jailbreakme.com and when I hit the link it just showed a blank page and nothing happened. What now?

jp007: I also have the same problem. Out of curiosity, what was the original FW your iPhone came with? And I'm assuming you haven't found a solution yet right?

mine worked no problems. Otb 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1
    Really Now?!?!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chizbol For This Useful Post:

Pupkus (2008-01-21)

Thanks chizbol. Is there anyone else who has an 1.0.2 OTB but is running 1.1.2 and had no problem with the update?

OTB 1.0.2 ->1.1.1
    Same as above: installer not working after update, so no easy way to uninstall and revert to the former version...NOT funny...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The installer upgrade worked for me - i'm on 1.1.2; However, my ifone did get frozen when I launched the installer ( stuck on the Donation ) but I ended up holding the home button until the installer crashed & then I turning off wifi. I finally turned off my ifone & restarted it back up and it seems to be ok now.

~ y0

I will try to copy the files from another iPhone who successfully upgraded and copy it into mine and see if it works. I'm looking to replace the AppTap file in the installer folder. If anyone else has tried this, let me know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't get any problems on mine, but I just want my free space meter back. They fixed like 15 bugs but they didn't fix that one.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Update went fine for me. 1.1.1 OTB updated to 1.1.2 jb only.

So, anybody has an idea as how to get a working Installer into my iphone?
    (otb 1.0.2 -> 1.1.1)
    Thanks in advance...

I am not sure if this is a problem yet, but here goes. I updated Installer as well, and it looked like the process went smoothly. It seems to function normally. I did however notice that when I opened Installer this morning, the regular checking sources/refreshing sources meter didn't come up. So I pressed reload in the top left corner, and all that did was make the Installer icon on the featured screen disappear and reappear 2 seconds later. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

ok... I found out how to fix mine. I used my friend's iPhone who is using 1.1.2 and copied the installer.app from his iphone to mine and voila... working fine. I posted up the file on my personal site. Here is the link:

http://www.nfocusproductions.com/installer.zip

Download it, unzip and use an FTP client like Cyberduck (Mac) and replace the Installer.app that you have in there.

For PC, you can use CuteFTP or any other way to SSH into your phone.

Enjoy!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pupkus For This Useful Post:

brunophoto (2008-01-21), pau.cc (2008-01-22)

Pukpus,
    you rule!
    Thanks a lot, I am back in Business!
    B.

which folder is this installer.app folder going?

Quote Originally Posted by Pupkus View Post
    ok... I found out how to fix mine. I used my friend's iPhone who is using 1.1.2 and copied the installer.app from his iphone to mine and voila... working fine. I posted up the file on my personal site. Here is the link:

http://www.nfocusproductions.com/installer.zip

Download it, unzip and use an FTP client like Cyberduck (Mac) and replace the Installer.app that you have in there.

For PC, you can use CuteFTP or any other way to SSH into your phone.

Enjoy!
    Hi Pupkus!
    Thanks a lot, that fixed also my iphone, thanks thanks!
    Pau

Jp007,
    you need to put the "installer.app" file in the Applications folder. If you acces to the iphone with ssh and root user, you have to go "up" three folders to the iphone root directory, then you will see the applications folder where you will copy the "installer.app".
    Hope it helps!
    Pau

Please more than anything please help people!! nullriver 3.0b9 update is the problem that killed my installer!! my version is the 8gb iphone ...Is there an easier way to bring it back to life using the iphone itself?? everything still works my sim calls txt internet mapping etc but installer wont load ive got a windows computer but never used computer for downloads to iphone always just used the iphone...Please help!! i just want my installer back!! plz reply Kanies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast