Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warning Insatller Update Courrupted

silent revolt: So did it work after re-jailbreaking it? Or are you still at the same place? I don't want to take a chance and end-up bricking my iphone. I'm hoping that someone could just upload the installer.app files and then I could just manually copy them on the iphone.

Did you find a fix.I updated and when i hit the installer it goes right back to springboard.,

jami1213: what firmware are you running? And what was the original fw for your iphone when you bought it?

I hope you found a fix to your solution. I had no problems.
    I enjoy this new installer update, FINALLY no refresh everytime I launch the installer app. But that don't mean you can't manually refresh it yourself. If you want to know how, do the following:

Click on the installer app. Tab sources, upper left click "Refresh" and bam it will refresh and search for newer software(if any)

ma5t3rw1tt: What FW are you running? & What FW originally came with your iphone? I'm trying to figure out why some people have the issue and why some don't. I'm not sure if it is only space related.

i did the jailbreak thing and i am running the 1.1.2 i downgraded and than upgraded.

i did the jailbreak thing and i am running the 1.1.2 i downgraded and than upgraded.
    Last edited by jami1213; 2008-01-21 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Worked fine for me too lol.
    MyPhone is better than yours

Pupkus i am running the 1.1.2 i did jailbreak and dowgraded than upgraded,and when i upgraded installer it automatically sent me back to the springboard and now everytime i go to installer nothing happens.

Just updated my installer with no problem whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by silent revolt View Post
    well i did the ssh and i have 1.1.2 and i just removed it...i tried manualy installing it by copying it from my girlfiends phone...BUT i broke down broke some stuff and re jailbreaked all the cool stuff i had i have backed up...minus the apps...but FCUK IT this aint the first time ive had to re-jailbreak but for future reference...when a problem is the first post...dont post oh hey mine worked 20x someone just post the answer..lol wtf that like...where do i get gas....I HAVE GAS... ME TOO...ME THREE yeah
    Right but considering the title of this thread is "Warning Installer Update Corrupted," it was a good idea to let people know that the update is not universally problematic.

I am having the same problem. Is it really a space issue? Does anyone have proof? Does anyone have a backup file for installer? Is it safe to replace the file w/o bricking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ak17 View Post
    Right but considering the title of this thread is "Warning Installer Update Corrupted," it was a good idea to let people know that the update is not universally problematic.

Yeah, but we don't need 20 of the same post. 1-2 will do fine thanks.

Here, I fixed my problem by overwriting my previous installer.app via SSH

http://rapidshare.com/files/85531099/Installer.app.rar

Here's the newest one!
    Last edited by Goldsun1715; 2008-01-21 at 10:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Ok fix for corrupted installer!!!!
    If you lost your installer from an upgrade like i did, here how you get back.

I'm on a mac but i used the tutorial in the guide section on how to connect with ssh to a pc. I was using Parrellels to do it but and PC would do. here how you fix your corrupted download a replacement installer from here http://rapidshare.com/files/85531099/Installer.app.rar . UnRAR it. Open up WinSCP and login to your iphone, Delete some stuff that you don't need like desktop pictures, apps that you installed (ie GAMES you can replace them later. Now replace the installer in /Applications/ folder with the one you just UnRAR. In the Winscp window right click on the Installer.app (the one you just replaced) and make shure that the Permissions are:

owner R W X are checked But not SET UID
    Group R W X are checked But not SET UID
    Other R W X are checked But not Sticky Bit

Octal 0777 if Octal is not that then you are missing something

Press ok and then got the installer on your Phone and there you GO!!!!!!!!

It will ask you to update your installer don't be scared it will work this time.

Good luck guy I didn't really want to re jailbreak so i had to figure out this fix!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12