Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer gone! Need help!

Default Installer gone! Need help!
    I was playing with my friend iphone and was installing a bunch of stuff onto his phone and now the installer is gone. I was wondering if anyone know how to get it back without reformatting the phone? Please help, it's my friend phone

more detail will get you help faster like
    1. what firmware is the phone
    2. when you say gone you mean the icon disapeared or you didnt patch the spring board and installer just isnt on the home screen!
    3. why did he let you use his phone JJ!
    4. windows or mac

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

if it is literally gone you can just SSH into the thing (provided your friend was clever enough to install the SSH tool) Without it, if you are on 1.1.2 (or have patched the .tiff exploit in 1.1.1) you are SOL and will need to downgrade and redo!

The firmware is 1.0.2(1c28)
    The installer icon disappear from the home screen
    and I have windows

use ibrickr to install summerboard and you screen will move up and down to reveal more apps/icons or you can reinstall installer from ibrickr if you *accidently* uninstalled it! let us know how it goes
    Last edited by robbpell; 2008-01-17 at 08:37 AM.

I'm sorry to be such a noob at this, but where can I get ibrickr and how do i install it?

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

just unzip the folder to your computer and open it and click the icon

ps you need summerboard (old)
    Last edited by robbpell; 2008-01-17 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to robbpell For This Useful Post:

cong405 (2008-01-17)

Yay!!! I don't know what I did but my installer came back thanks to that ibrickr you linked me. thank you! I have another question... i installed summerboard and it's wont let me scroll the home screen down. Do you know how to make it work?

make sure you installed the correct one for 1.0.2 its called
    summerboard(old) also it you just put your finder on the bottom of the screen and slide it up but you have to have more than 4 things installed

the 5 icon thing didnt work either.

hum did the springboard softrestart (go to the slide to unlock screen)

wait i think you have to restart your phone after installing summerboard

13. The Following User Says Thank You to robbpell For This Useful Post:

cong405 (2008-01-17)

Sweet thanks. I really appreciate the help! Gotta get some sleep for class. Again, THANK YOU!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have installer on my I phone but once i click on it it opens up for a millisecond and then closes which means that it is malfunctioning how can i reprogram my phone without loosing anything and I am not in the US and I am afraid my phone will lock again and the sim wont workg.
    please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there.

I have the same problem as first mentioned. Went app crazy and lost my installer after installing a couple of converter programs. I am running iPhone 1.1.4 and Windows XP. I have SSH'd my iPhone and the installer app files are still there, but it won't show up on the spring/summerboard. I can't find online where to download the installer app, since the nullriver website doesn't show if the current software there is 1.1.4 compatible.

please help? Thank you.

God Bless,
    Lex