Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Own Installer Repository: Can't Uninstall Packages

Default Own Installer Repository: Can't Uninstall Packages
    hi,
    I recently created some enhanced preferences for the ipod touch. I posted this over at iLounge and ipodtouchfans and people asked me if I could make it an installer package. So I tried building an installer repository today, and installing and updating works fine with it, but for some reason I can't uninstall (Main Script execution failed). I think my .xml file is correct so I really don't know why. Here it is:
    Installer.xml

if anyone could tell me why uninstalling doesnt work that would be great.

regards

PS: after installing/updating springboard restarts although I added <key>RestartSpringBoard</key>
    <false/>
    why is that?
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2008-01-04 at 05:22 PM.

Okay...
    1. Why are you messing with Preferences.app (folder)? (did you actually recompile the Preferences app or are you just loading some .plist files? Do you have this set to only install on iPod's?.. I didn't see anything in the .xml file)
    2. In the Uninstall section you are moving a path that still exists. It looks like you should do RemovePath /Applications/Preferences.app before you do the MovePath line
    3. Why are you messing with Preferences.app (folder)?
    4. If you add the key RestartsSpringBoard, it will. Try removing the key.

Edit: Also, try running Installer through SSH and you'll see at least some hint as to why it's failing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

BlackWolf (2008-01-05)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Okay...
    1. Why are you messing with Preferences.app (folder)? (did you actually recompile the Preferences app or are you just loading some .plist files? Do you have this set to only install on iPod's?.. I didn't see anything in the .xml file)
    2. In the Uninstall section you are moving a path that still exists. It looks like you should do RemovePath /Applications/Preferences.app before you do the MovePath line
    3. Why are you messing with Preferences.app (folder)?
    4. If you add the key RestartsSpringBoard, it will. Try removing the key.

Edit: Also, try running Installer through SSH and you'll see at least some hint as to why it's failing.
    1. because there are some hidden settings in the iPod like album shuffle etc.
    I only changed the .plist files. Sadly I don't have the skills to recompile the whole application. check out this thread to see what I did:
    http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=216688
    It only works on iPods. is there a possibility to add that to the .xml file so it doesn't install on iphones? (since it can mess with them. I would create an iphone-version of my preferences but I don't have the original Preferences.app from an iphone)

2. sweet it works. thanks a lot :-)

3. well, because I wanted the hidden settings, thats why there is some pretty useful stuff hidden there.

4. nope, still restarts springboard when I close the installer. I saw
    <key>RestartSpringBoard</key>
    <true/>
    in most repositorys and assumed if I replace <true/> with <false/> that springboard would not restart. well, its not that bad, just unnecessary.

thanks a lot :-)
    blackwolf