Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot install Installer on 1.02

Default Cannot install Installer on 1.02
    I have a 1.02 that was unlocked but installer was never put on it.
    Now I 'm trying to get installer on it so I can re-virginize it before upgrading to 1.1.1..

The only problem is I cannot get installer to install on it.
    I downloaded installer from the nullriver site but when I go to install it it gives me an error on my mac and puts the phone into recovery mode from where I have to then restore the whole thing

I've tried using Ibrickr as well however when I connect the phone to my windows pc and open Ibrickr it does not recognize the phone as connected.

Is there any other way to get installer on it?
    I used Independence to activate the phone but is there a way to use indenpendence to also put installero n my phone?
    Where do I get the installer program to add to independence if it's possible?
    Thanks
    Khurram

If you have the files (which you downloaded) just unzip it and upload the entire directory, the Installer.ap directory into Applications folder and just give it 755 permissions and that will work. This is again if you have SSH access enabled.

Dixit

i have problem whit installing installer too!
    when you don,t have a installer on phone then you can't have squid or finder on it then how can you set permission for installer.app
    sorry for bad english

On a PC, try using the older apptapp installer. Here is a link: http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/AppTappInstaller.exe
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    On a PC, try using the older apptapp installer. Here is a link: http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/AppTappInstaller.exe
    the link is broken