Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add installer sources manually

Default Add installer sources manually
    Just so you guys know, and don't make a comment about it, I've been searching this for about twenty minutes or so with different keywords, haven't found anything..

I need to add the i.unlock.no source manually thru SSH or some other method than typing it in Installer, my touch screen is messed up in some areas, preventing me from typing certain letters, and I need to virginize and restore everything to return the phone to Apple.

Not a noob here, I've tried editing the PackageSources.plist files and others but to no avail...

Just wondering what internal files I need to modify with i.unlock.no-specific settings to get that source in Installer. Thanks for any help you can provide guys.

And please refrain from the "Just use that white bar at the top right to search" type comments... Trust me, I've been looking.
    i LOVE apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure sourcepackages.plist is the actual packages and not the sources. Maybe I'll look into it for you.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Yea I looked in that one too, didn't see anything about sources only the actually packages I've installed, and I tried TrustedSources.plist and added i unlock to that thinking it might do something, but I guess there is some other file that needs to be modified besides these .plist files..
    i LOVE apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

It's PackageSources.plist. Here is the stuff you will need to add:
    <dict>
    <key>category<key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>contact</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>description</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>location</key>
    <string>i.unlock.no</string>
    <key>maintainer</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string> </string>
    <key>url</key>
    <string> </string>
    </dict>

Try putting nothing there and see if it works. If it doesn't, put BS info there. Here is what the AppTapp info is, for reference.
    <dict>
    <key>category<key>
    <string>AppTapp</string>
    <key>contact</key>
    <string>[email protected]</string>
    <key>description</key>
    <string>App. Tapp. Install.</string>
    <key>location</key>
    <string>repository.apptapp.com</string>
    <key>maintainer</key>
    <string>Nullriver Software</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>AppTapp Official</string>
    <key>url</key>
    <string>http://www.apptapp.com</string>
    </dict>

Yea I found that and tried that exact same thing. I put everything like the location and name and then BS for contact info, didn't work for me....

But I'm on a mac and converted the plist to xml and edited and saved and then converted back and probably messed something up, anyone wanna do this for the Unlock the iPhone - the simple tutorial! string and post one for me?
    i LOVE apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    Yea I found that and tried that exact same thing. I put everything like the location and name and then BS for contact info, didn't work for me....

But I'm on a mac and converted the plist to xml and edited and saved and then converted back and probably messed something up, anyone wanna do this for the Unlock the iPhone - the simple tutorial! string and post one for me?
    I'm on 2.0 right now and I can't find it in the PackageSources.plist backup I made...probably because I have about 120 sources. Be sure to replace the "{" and "} with "<" and ">" respectively. But give this a try:
    Make a NEW xml with this info:
    {plist}
    {dict}
    {key}category{/key}
    {string}Unlock{/string}
    {key}contact{/key}
    {string}[email protected]{/string}
    {key}description{/key}
    {string}teh b3st r3p0 3var{/string}
    {key}location{/key}
    {string}i.unlock.no{/string}
    {key}maintainer{/key}
    {string}god{/string}
    {key}name{/key}
    {key}url{/key}
    {/dict}
    {/plist}

Save it as PackageSources.xml and and then convert it to plist. See if you can open it in Quick Look. Backup the PackageSources.plist that is in the /var/mobile/Library/Installer/ folder. Put the one you made into that folder. Make sure the permissions are 777. Open installer and see if it works.
    Last edited by Numberzz; 2008-07-09 at 08:16 PM.

Ahh. I most likely forgot the permissions....

Thank you for the help though, I'll try this method too and one has gotta work.

Ahh. I most likely forgot the permissions....

Thank you for the help though, I'll try this method too and one has gotta work.
    Last edited by wannagotopopeyes; 2008-07-10 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    i LOVE apple.