Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbroken with ziphone, installer.app not present

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default jailbroken with ziphone, installer.app not present
    i've jailbroken my 1.1.4 iphone on a windows xp machine 4 times now. each time the program reports that the phone is successfully jailbroken. there is an icon for zibri's blog installed on the springboard, but no installer.app. the phone is unlocked and working on t-mobiles network. also the wifi and other apps work fine.

how do i get openssh onto my iphone so i can manually install installer.app? i've read that since i used ziphone, i'm stuck with a downgraded bootloader which prohibits me from using another program like ibricker.

anybody have any ideas on how to get 3rd party apps onto my phone?

Thanks

Downgrading your bootloader doesn't prohibit anything. What version of Ziphone did you use?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

i used ziphone 3.0 to unlock the phone. if it makes a difference, i'm using windows xp with sp3.

can you help with this installer problem? i did the same thing and can't figure it out and am struggling cuz i can't unlock iphone for my tmobile sim! thanks--

Thanks

I did a restore to 1.1.4 with the file found in the download section. Then used iliberty+ to jailbreak, unlock and activate. My phone has worked flawlessly with tmobile including their edge network for 3 weeks now. I have both installer and cydia now.

Give it a shot. Just follow the directions in the wiki section of this site

"i've jailbroken my 1.1.4 iphone on a windows xp machine 4 times now. each time the program reports that the phone is successfully jailbroken. there is an icon for zibri's blog installed on the springboard, but no installer.app. the phone is unlocked and working on t-mobiles network. also the wifi and other apps work fine."

I'm in a similar situation. have Zibri's icon, no installer. I have not gone to tmobil to get my sim yet. wifi at home works fine. youtube says can't connect, click ok and then i can watch you tube.

i'm downloading 1.1.4 now and also the iliberty. i was wondering why do we need to download 1.1.4? can't we get that fresh install via itunes?

any links to look at in particular in the wiki section.
    thanks for your help..
    i've been reading on different sites for hours.. still no installer.

Thanks

itunes will want to install firmware 1.2.x which people have had varying success with. i tried upgrading to the new new firmware and it crashed my phone. it took me 2 days to get it running again.

my advice is stick with 1.1.4 and use iLiberty+ until a more stable version of winpwn is released.

here's the guide i followed

try iLiberty+

how do i get installer on my springboard??

the phone is already unlocked.

@gabe3 are you saying to use iLiberty+ to install installer? please be clear.

thanks in advance.
    nic

Default after using ziphone
    since i've read that ziphone makes permanent changes, i wanted to ask this.

i still can't get installer.app on my iphone.

if i try to reset the 1.1.4 firmware from itunes, i get an error that it couldn't complete.

iliberty won't allow me to install installer.app with this phone unlocked already (button is greyed out)

i'm thinking i may need to download another 1.1.4 firmware, as the version i have may be corrupt.

question: if a do get a fresh copy of 1.1.4 on phone, will i liberty still work for me, even though ziphone already did its thing on my phone?

let me know..
    without this installer.app i can't get my ssh open and therefore can't really do much with the phone, except use it as a phone