Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help for newbie and installer

Default Help for newbie and installer
    Hi there: I bought a used iphone 8gig s/w ver 1.1.4. It has already been broken and unlocked. has many third party apps on it. The guy i bought it from said to hook up to wi fi (which i have done) and go to installer. When i go there (wi fi on) there is an update available to 3.1.
    However when i try to update it says no available space please delete 512 kb. How do i do this??? I want to remove some apps and add a couple. Been reading about openssh and bosstool and winscp (windows pc i am using)but getting confused its all new to me and i don't want to brick my phone....
    Looked at the guides but confused what to do. Am i on the right path????

also after install winscp get connection refused. Are there settings i need to change on the pc to make it connect?
    any help guidelines would be much appreciated or links to guides for my situation...
    cheers
    Jerry
    btw I am on a home network linksys router and am not the admin
    Last edited by INDI12; 2008-07-01 at 07:03 AM. Reason: adding notes

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

open installer and go "unistall" and just unistall some apps you dont use , and install "openssh " in installer to be able to ssh into your iphone and with winscp make sure your using root and alpine for username and password ...good luck

When i go to installer and i click on uninstall it goes to uninstall installer 3.0 only i don't see anthing else or a way to get to progs to delete some apps???? now if i go and look at installer about screen it says o kb for installer prog like it not there?? now if i uninstall installer how can i get it back in? what address do i use in safari to get the right one for my firmware 1.1.4 really new to this and don't want to screw up the phone.
    Now i am not sure what was used to put installer on this phone a mac or pc. If i go and try to reinstall installer on the phone with wifi with the windows version but phone was loaded with installer for mac will it make problems or does it matter.... confused.....
    Last edited by INDI12; 2008-07-02 at 05:14 AM. Reason: add