Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple brick -- installer source -- read!!!

Angry Apple brick -- installer source -- read!!!
    Well, my boy hit me up the other day & was like i found some installer sources w/sum gr8 themes. So l8r that night i added them & went to install sum themes ......... & ....... drum roll please....... Now i have an apple brick/paper weight! $400 bucks down the tube... The theme said u must have summerboard installed??? I did & then kabammmm. I tried to re-boot but nothing. My screen after finally powering down comes back up w/da apple logo then it flickers with black & white bars. then when it finally gets to the main screen it is pretty much not responsive to touch, gravity, loud screemingggg, dirty looks, prayer session, etc... The little circle thing keeps poppn up & barley moving. all my contacts....gone.... I tried to get back into installer 2 delete the sources....access denied... I tried to go into settings.general.reset...access denied. Can ny1 pleaseeeeeeeee help me, offer any solutions, a shoulder to cry on .

Thanks

-M@

Thanks

put in to DFU mode and return it for a new one....hope you have the protection plan from apple......hold sleep and home until it goes black then let go of sleep while holding the home button.

iPhone? More like MyPhone coiledserpent's Avatar
    Thanks
    if you enter it into dfu mode and try restore it with itunes m8,remember to hold the shift key then click the restore button and direct it to where you have your firmware saved!

Hey guys thanks 4 the advice I'll give it a shot. i did the home, sleep thing (NOT docked) & nothing happened. So when i get on the puter i'll dock it & try it out & no i didn't get the protection plan. I got a letter monday from ATT stating that the were droping my ins due to the iPhone purchase, so i was gonna get it this weekend. Oh well, lol... Anywho i'll try that 2nite & post the results. Thanks 4 all ur time...

-M@

Quote Originally Posted by coiledserpent View Post
    if you enter it into dfu mode and try restore it with itunes m8,remember to hold the shift key then click the restore button and direct it to where you have your firmware saved!
    Direct 2 where firmware is saved??? Can u elabrotate please???

-M@

Ok so basically i hold the sleep /home button (while docked) release the sleep & the yellow triangel pops up, then it askes if i want to restore. Once i do that it pops up an error code of 1015, & thats where i'm @ now.
    Last edited by djanimay; 2007-12-13 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can get the 1.1.2 firmware here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8STXHC5

You can get the 1.1.1 firmware here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7H8X2QQ

As someone stated above, you're going to want to connect your Iphone/Touch, go into ITunes. But instead of hitting the Restore button, youre going to hold down SHIFT and hit restore, which will allow you to navigate to the folder where you saved the firmware download.

Quote Originally Posted by myboot View Post
    You can get the 1.1.2 firmware here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8STXHC5

You can get the 1.1.1 firmware here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7H8X2QQ

As someone stated above, you're going to want to connect your Iphone/Touch, go into ITunes. But instead of hitting the Restore button, youre going to hold down SHIFT and hit restore, which will allow you to navigate to the folder where you saved the firmware download.
    i'll try it out, if it was just the shift key that would be gr8

WAIT!! You know to get installer back on 1.1.1 andinstall oktoprep right? You need to get the 1.1.2 jailbreak zip file. Its good that you got 1015, that means all is working. I'm on my iPhone right now, so I can't copy the link, but follow the guide for jailbreaking 1.1.2
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

restore to 1.1.1 in iTunes. if you get an error telling you that it won't restore. go download ibrickr and it'll boot it for you easily. then use wifi to jailbreakme.com. install ok oktoprep and update to 1.1.2 then jailbreak it. it takes like 20 min with syncing for me. hope it helps. message me if u need help
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    WAIT!! You know to get installer back on 1.1.1 andinstall oktoprep right? You need to get the 1.1.2 jailbreak zip file. Its good that you got 1015, that means all is working. I'm on my iPhone right now, so I can't copy the link, but follow the guide for jailbreaking 1.1.2
    or he can just stay on 1.1.1

Cool Cool, yea before the crash i was running 1.1.1. so i guess i gotta go back on that. Didn't get to do it last night long story short my boy tried 2 fix it & I gotta get it back from him cause he was unsucessful. So once i get it i'll try all the above & keep u all posted Thanks again 4 all the advice & help..

Wow!!! i would 1st like 2 thanks broomstick for all his help, in addition 2 everyone that put their 2cents in to try 2 help me out!!! Thanks!!! One work of warning: i'm sure exactly which source it was but it was either hightymes, lorrainestudios, or studded. I'm not stating that they are bad sources to install but i did all 3 @ the same time & then crash... So head the warning of MMI & install @ your own risk & then hope that u will have sum symephatic MMI members that will take the time 2 help u out, or u can just read this thread, lol Once again thank u all!!!
    Last edited by djanimay; 2007-12-14 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

djanimay (2007-12-14)

My bad, special thanks 2 da moderator broomhead not broomstick, lol i was just so excied about gettin the phone back up, lol...