Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help - this is all the new installer's fault...

Default Need Help - this is all the new installer's fault...
    Hey everyone,

Last year I bought and jailbroke my ipod touch with firmware 1.1.1 with jailbreakme.com

I haven't really installed anything or updated anything from install app for the past 3 months, so today I decide to update all my apps.
    That was ok, and then I decided to download a book from one of my repos..
    The installer froze. Then Books app stopped working. I would go into the screen, this huge Books app logo would show up and it would pop me back to home screen after 10 seconds.
    I tried to reinstall it a few times and it refuses to work.

THEN.. INSTALLER stopped working too.. same thing. It would go to a blank white screen for a few seconds and pop back to home screen.

So.. I restored it using iTunes with firmware 1.1.1
    I was hoping to re jail break it.. but so far jailbreakme.com isn't working.

I read somewhere taht you need to virginize first before you can jailbreak it again. PROBLEM IS, i don't have installer anymore since I already restored it and for some reason I'm getting rejected by WinSCP so i cant put anything in my ipod touch, eg. virginizing software

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this? I really miss my jailbroken touch.. i need to rebuild and recustomize the entire thing...!!!

get 1.1.4 and use iliberty or ziphone to jailbreak it, the problem is almost all apps are formatted for 1.1.3 or 4 so they might mess up with 1.1.1
    if this post help click the thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
    get 1.1.4 and use iliberty or ziphone to jailbreak it, the problem is almost all apps are formatted for 1.1.3 or 4 so they might mess up with 1.1.1
    question.. so do i have to revirginize it to be able to jailbreak it after i update to 1.1.4?

I never revirginize my iPod whenever I rejailbreak it, but that may be the reason why it keeps breaking ^_^

It's been doing fairly well these past few weeks though.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

i've never revirginized mine and haven't had any problems and i've been jailbreaking since 1.0.2
    if this post help click the thanks