Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installer error message.

Default installer error message.
    This problem only happens sometimes, it's un-predictable. At times, when i try to download something using installer I get the error message "package download failed".

This goes on and off, I am sure I am connected to a wifi connection too. any ideas?

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for the response.

Now I have a new installer problem. When I try to load it, it just goes back to the main screen. help please!
    Last edited by Tarwathiel; 2008-06-04 at 10:47 AM.

Yeah ive gotten this as well.

This can be caused by a number of issues, however I suspect that you've simply run out of space.

By default, applications are installed on the devices OS partition. This partition is around 300mb in size, nearly 200 of which are occupied by 1.1.4.

The best way to fix this at present, is to install Cydia. Cydia will create what's called a 'Symlink', which allows for your applications to be installed onto the 'Media' partition. If you do not wish to use cydia, that's ok. Just use an application called 'Poof' to hide its icon, and forget its there.

You're wondering about now how you can install cydia if you can't install anything... Just remove applications until you can install again. (Remove the larger ones first, if possible.) Before you set about removing apps though, you might start simple. Sometimes, this issue is corrected by simply clearing the installer queue, or resetting the device. Of course, you'll want to verify that you're connected to wifi or edge, as this issue can also be the result of a lack of connectivity.

I hope these suggestions help. If nothing else works, you may be forced to restore, however this is rarely the case when such an error occurs.

Cheers,
    "If it doesnt work as intended, try pressing the buttons a little harder."

-Kvisions