Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer App stopped working...it wont load up anymore. What can i do?!

Default Installer App stopped working...it wont load up anymore. What can i do?!
    I jailbreak's my iphone using iLiberty about a week ago.
    Everything worked perfectly. Then last night, I was adding some new sources through my installer app...and after the new sources were done refreshing, i tried to get back into my installer...but it wont load up anymore. Everytime I click on the installer app button to launch the program, it starts to load up, then goes straight back to my iphone homescreen (springboard).
    Can anyone help me out? Is there a way I can re-install the Installer App without having to restore my entire iphone?
    ...unless you can recommend any other solutions...

I have seen some threads today about it; I have the same problem since yesterday.
    Check here.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...-crashing.html

My Installer was broking past week with the same symthoms than yours. After try some other fixes with permissions, chown, deleting prefs... it only starts working again when I launch it from Terminal trying to have any clue about his crashes.

To do it You need to connect by SSH with Terminal (Mac) or Fugu (PC) and enter this commands:

su mobile
    /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

Thats all. If that works you cannot exit from the Installer with Home button but clossing the Terminal.

Good luck.

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)

Hi!!
    I have as problem with installer, when I go to installer the Features part show me the newest aplications but I can do anything because it's checking the sources and then refreshing the sources and finally takes me to the home screen, can anybody help me please? I don't know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by freaksrock62 View Post
    I jailbreak's my iphone using iLiberty about a week ago.
    Everything worked perfectly. Then last night, I was adding some new sources through my installer app...and after the new sources were done refreshing, i tried to get back into my installer...but it wont load up anymore. Everytime I click on the installer app button to launch the program, it starts to load up, then goes straight back to my iphone homescreen (springboard).
    Can anyone help me out? Is there a way I can re-install the Installer App without having to restore my entire iphone?
    ...unless you can recommend any other solutions...
    ssh on to your Phone and go to VAR/Mobile/Library/INstaller and delete
    TrustedSources.plist and PackageSources.plist . The go to installer and enter all the source againg

Back up This file first just in case

Quote Originally Posted by DuRo View Post
    ssh on to your Phone and go to VAR/Mobile/Library/INstaller and delete
    TrustedSources.plist and PackageSources.plist . The go to installer and enter all the source againg

Back up This file first just in case
    Thanks but this didn't work for me, it keep just crashing after about 18 seconds, but when I start it from terminal, it loads fine and update.

Well I think I got it,

Try this:
    SSH and delete /var/mobile/Library/Installer/RemotePackages.plist (Backup it first!)

Then Installer is going to refresh again and load as expected.

It works for my, hope this helps.
    Last edited by aodreman; 2008-06-04 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost