Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Do I Fix Installer From Crashing?

Default How Do I Fix Installer From Crashing?
    Can someone please help? Everytime I try to load installer it just keeps going back to my home screen. I really don't want to have to re-jailbreak my iPhone again.

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Can someone please help? Everytime I try to load installer it just keeps going back to my home screen. I really don't want to have to re-jailbreak my iPhone again.
    Bite the bullet and restore your iphone to 1.1.4

After you restore to 1.1.4 download and install iliberty+

Run iliberty+ with just the 6 boxes on the standard page checked then “go to it”

When the iphone reboots after the jailbreak, go to settings, general, autolock and

set autolock to never.

THEN refresh cydia and install ALL updates. When that is completed,

install the “installer” from cydia.

Then install what apps you desire.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

If installer worked, then in most cases, you have to many sources installed. One was to fix this would be to rejailbreak right over your existing one without a restore. Your apps will stay on the phone, but you won't be able to delete them from installer, and you will have to re-add all those sources
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Try launching the Installer entering by SSH with Terminal (Mac) or Putty (PC) with the following commands:

su mobile
    /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

If that works, you cannot exit from the Installer with the Home button. You must close the Terminal session and the Installer closes itself.

Then I recommend Reinstall the Installer.

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)

Thanks everyone, I was hoping I wouldn't have to jailbreak again. But I'm just going to wait until they release the 2.0 jailbreak.

Try this:
    SSH and delete /var/mobile/Library/Installer/RemotePackages.plist (Backup it first!)
    Then Installer is going to refresh again and load as expected.
    It works for my, hope this helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    Thanks everyone, I was hoping I wouldn't have to jailbreak again. But I'm just going to wait until they release the 2.0 jailbreak.
    The 2.0 jailbreak is not public yet. It is proposed that it may take a while since they are completely redoing the file framework. Also because of this none of the current apps will work with 2.0 until they are recompiled so you may just want to do it now.

I tried to delete in Mobile Finder but it won't delete. Then when I launch Installer my iPhone reboots. Currently 1.1.4 ZiPhone jailbroken but what does everyone else recommend? iLiberty+? or....?

For me Ziphone, I have used it in about 30 iPhones without problems.

Did you tried deleting SSH and delete /var/mobile/Library/Installer/RemotePackages.plist?
    Try that via SSH!!!