Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer.app keeps crashing, tried everything!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Installer.app keeps crashing, tried everything!
    Pleaseee help, i've like almost litterally tried every possible solution that i've ever heard of to fix the problem where installer.app crashes right when it opens......help!!!!!!!!!
    A Thanks is always nice =]

mine opens into a blank page then after2 minutes it goes back to the home page !!!
    whats up with that ?

Thanks

Noo idea, but someone definitley needs to make a perminante fix, id for sure pay some money for it =]

Use iLiberty+ to reinstall the Installer. Install iLiberty (if you don't have it installed yet), when it prompts to update, say Cancel (otherwise the update will replace Installer with Cydia). Launch iLiberty+ and select only these two options - "Jailbreak" (will re-jailbreak the phone) and "Setup Installer", then click "Go for it!". Hope this helps (worked for me).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Use iLiberty+ to reinstall the Installer. Install iLiberty (if you don't have it installed yet), when it prompts to update, say Cancel (otherwise the update will replace Installer with Cydia). Launch iLiberty+ and select only these two options - "Jailbreak" (will re-jailbreak the phone) and "Setup Installer", then click "Go for it!". Hope this helps (worked for me).
    Alright, but two questions.

Will this erase all my apps, and will it erase all of my sources?

EDIT:Thanks a lot bro, the only problem i got was that it deleted my sources, but i can easily reinstall it since i use this one source that installs like 180 sources =]
    but now i dont have any updates, i used to have 18 updates featured in that section, but now i dont, do you know why?
    Last edited by zsuns; 2008-06-03 at 01:11 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    none of these solutions worked !!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Try Ziphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

There are some sources that corrupt the remotepackages.plist located in root/Library/Installer or mobile/Library/Installer depends if you has or hasn't moved the applications to the larger partition.
    all you have to do is each time installer.app crashes use any ssh application (fugu, cyberduck for Mac, WinSCp for windows) and delete that plist, then open you'll see how opens perfectly, that is a temporally solution but effective. the only annoying thing is that everytime installer crashes you have to delete that plist, and everytime you delete it once you open installer you have to wait until the sources are refreshed.
    If you want a permanent solution erase all the sources you don't really need/want. To tell you the I still don't know which one(s) source(s) is/are the one(s) that create(s) that conflict. Maybe someday i'll install every source and then wait for the crash, so i can delete one by one and see which one is it.

EDIT: mmm no, i'm too lazy you better use source cleaner to delete all sources and the install the good ones.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ