Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak.com no longer working, no more installer.app??

Angry Jailbreak.com no longer working, no more installer.app??
    Hi guys!
    I see that jailbreakme.com is not working anymore, so i cant install installer.app to my iphone!(y.tiff file all i get from there) Its 1.1.1 and already unlocked, everything working correctly, the problem is - im sure - with the page. I cant install manually the installer.app cause ive got windows.:-( and we know it is sucks...

so is there any other link, from i can download installer.app, or how long we should wait till working again? Anybody does some info about it? Yesterday i saw a post here, sy replied to a guy, that "you should wait.." or sg like that...but how long?:-DD

thanks

Bruno
    Last edited by Bruno2; 2007-11-19 at 03:01 PM. Reason: forgot to enter the tags

where did you here jailbreakme.com wasnt working. I used it yesterday after i did a restore and everything worked fine.

Jordan

i tried it myself! A few sec ago. Ive got an unlocked phone, with firmware 1.1.1, everything workings fine, all problem ive got is when i go to jailbreakme.com on my iphone, then at the bottom of it i press "install" then it will goes to a dead link, to an y.tiff named file, and does nothing. Ive already used this site with another phone 2 weeks ago, and it was working, but now it is not:-(

bruno

Try again later. Ive heard of it not working, but i never heard of what has happened to you. I know theres another jailbreak method but I dont know to much about it. Try the link at the bottom.
    Also check out the new idemocracy 2.0

Jordan

http://www.slovix.com/touchfree/
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2007-11-19 at 02:55 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jrdan24 For This Useful Post:

Bruno2 (2007-11-19)

Thank You!

im gonna check them. But on the net ive looked around, and found some other guys who has got the same problem...so i am waiting for some other replies maybe somebody has got this issue, and know what is the problem. But Thank You again!:-D

bruno

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno2 View Post
    Thank You!

im gonna check them. But on the net ive looked around, and found some other guys who has got the same problem...so i am waiting for some other replies maybe somebody has got this issue, and know what is the problem. But Thank You again!:-D

bruno
    sounds idiotic, but for some reason it worked. make sure you have a wifi connection. whenever i use edge it never goes through but as soon as enable wifi it kicks right in. just something i discovered

I know its sounds strange, thats why im here, to get some heeeelllppp:-D So i only use wifi with my phone, the page is load in perfectly, no problem with it. As i mentioned before the problem occurs when i press the install button on the bottom of it, after it no installing or downloading starts, its only redirect me to a link :

http://jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff

!!!??? no more i can say...:-(((

thank you in advance

bruno

Hi guys, ok i have purchased a uk iphone that ineed to make sim free and working right now! (no frustaration you understand) so i was advised to look through this site and well its bad news i'm afraid i came across this whilst dredging the web for info http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/08/a...ye-jailbreak/3
    Please read. it could be important,
    So thats what i found so far, my firmware is 04.02.13_g which at a guess (learning!) is my bootloader....so how do i check what version i am running or is there a simple link to enlightenment!!! (i want to use my orange sim in my phone without being tied to O2!!!)
    Phew thats better , hope the link makes sense

Bruno2: as your phone is already unlocked, are you sure you didn't patch the TIFF exploit which would stop the jailbreak.com from working (I would think) I have the same issue as I patched the tiff exploit

longboarder96: you need to find out what your serial number is, as you can downgrade the firmware but only if you have serial number (character 3,4 & 5) as 741 or less, I think if it is 750 or more you are out of luck for now.

I know its sounds strange, thats why im here, to get some heeeelllppp:-D So i only use wifi with my phone, the page is load in perfectly, no problem with it. As i mentioned before the problem occurs when i press the install button on the bottom of it, after it no installing or downloading starts, its only redirect me to a link :

http://jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff

!!!??? no more i can say...:-(((

thank you in advance

bruno
    It should go back tot he title screen, and turn off after that. It doesn't "show" anything.

Rbleeker: Im sorry mate, im not sure:-( ive bought this phone like this. But ive bought another one a week before, and that phone was working correctly with jailbreakme.com. Now i really dont know what to do, but thanks for your help anyway :-(

Freshboiii: I know after i press the install button on the page, it doesnt show anything till 1-2 minutes, then the installation is complete, i only have to restart. But as i mentioned above, when i press the install button, it goes straight away to this link: jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff nothing i could do there...check this link on your computer, its really exist.

thank you guys,

bye

bruno

hi guys,
    i got a perfect solution for this.
    but first let me tell you that my firmware is 1.1.1 and it was already unlocked when i bought it with no installer in the home menu ( dont know how it was unlocked ) but i wanted the installer to download new apps and games.

I was facing the exact same problem of the jailbreak website getting redirected to jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff and nothing was happening at all !!
    I then downloaded ibrickr from http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr
    after that i had to unzip on windows and had to run the ibrickr application.
    It will detect your iphone and will give options like
    : ringtones , sounds , applications , files . ( according to the above website it is not possible to run the current version of ibrickr on 1.1.1 but i have only tried installing applications and it did work just fine )

now > click applications > click browse > it will give a list of numerous applications > go directly to Installer v2.63 > VOILA !! installer is installed and now you can update THE INSTALLER APP to the latest version with the help of wifi.

Thank You Varunjain16!

As soon as i get home, ill try it!!.. Hopefully it will be in the nex 2 hours I only want to ask you, that on the ibrick webpage, it says that program doesnt work with firmware 1.1.1 yet. I just want to make sure to ask you again, will it damage my phone? It is unlocked like yours. I hope it wont, this ibrick will do only as much as i need, will give me the installer.app onto my phone.

i hope this will happen:-D

Thank you in advance:-D

bye

Bruno2

hey bruno ,what you must do is first connect your iphone to itunes, with the AT&T simcard
    so itunes can recognise it and displays the activation AT&T window.After that restart your iphone and make a contact with url: prefs://1F and an other contact with url:http://www.jailbreakme.com .
    First conect to wifi usin the first contact and than go to the second contact and it will give you to tha jailbreakme paga push on install apsnapp and wait your iphone to restart alone.
    Do not restart it you, just wait.
    then you will have an unbricked iphone.
    That passed also to me i go to the paga and nothing will happen and it was because i had not conected my iphone to itunes for it to recognise, but after y did it i worked fine.

i hope it will help you.

bye

Thanks

Thank You Varunjain16!

As soon as i get home, ill try it!!.. Hopefully it will be in the nex 2 hours I only want to ask you, that on the ibrick webpage, it says that program doesnt work with firmware 1.1.1 yet. I just want to make sure to ask you again, will it damage my phone? It is unlocked like yours. I hope it wont, this ibrick will do only as much as i need, will give me the installer.app onto my phone.

i hope this will happen:-D

Thank you in advance:-D

bye

Bruno2
    ibrickr does not work for 1.1.1 in the sense that it does not jailbreak it, but it does allow you to install apps on an already jailbroken 1.1.1

17. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

Bruno2 (2007-11-22)

So Guys!

MISSION COMPLETE! as all of you helped me, i could solve this problem. Just to close this ticket im gonna write down, how i could make it. It was really simple.

1. downloaded ibricker
    2. installed on my pc
    3. run while phone was on, and connected to the pc
    4. and choose programs/installer (the older version)
    5. after install restart the phone (otherwise, if you dont restart the phone you cant upgrade the installer to the 3.0 version)
    6. and that was all, everything is working

A have to thank you all af you guys who helped me, Thank you.
    And thank you the team who made this webpage:-D without you.......:-DDD

bye

bruno

Hi guys,

PIOJI511 was COMPLETELY RIGHT ! after 15 times trying www.jailbreakme.com, no success (and 25 iphones later...) I just plugged iPhone (s) in iTunes - cancel activation and run jailbreakme.com/installer WORKS FINE !!

Now I still have problems with 1.1.2 "out of the box" Swiss Sim card does'nt work...

It's working now, however, it was not working last night. Spent the whole night with a brick for a phone. Have Install.app installed now, however, anySim 1.1 didn't unlock the SIM. Need to figure that out at least I know it's not totally broken.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjackster View Post
    Hi guys,

PIOJI511 was COMPLETELY RIGHT ! after 15 times trying www.jailbreakme.com, no success (and 25 iphones later...) I just plugged iPhone (s) in iTunes - cancel activation and run jailbreakme.com/installer WORKS FINE !!

Now I still have problems with 1.1.2 "out of the box" Swiss Sim card does'nt work...
    I tried your suggestion but phone returned back to activation screen but failed to restart and jailbreak.

Hi People

I have the same problem all works fine except my installer app just hangs .. I am also on v1.1.1 and and when i go to www.jailbreakme.com to try install it again it wont work due to the .ttif exploit thing.

I then tried ibrick v9.0 which did not work for me and caused my normal app maps/weather etc to run slower. (WINDOWS USER)

I have also restored and re installed installer.app from a fresh 1.1.1 version and still no joy again all else works fine but installer wont connect.

I have read lots of other fourms and think it might be that the "permissions" need to be set to 755 but i am not able to install a SSH client (have tried them all) manually to use an app like WINSCP to alter the permissions.

any other info would be helpful thanks

ps. i dont really wanna do another restore if poss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast