Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Something is wrong with Installer

Default Something is wrong with Installer
    Just doing my friends Touch for him. It's legit firmware 1.1.4 so I used iJailbreak 0.6 (done several like this in the past with no problems) to break it and that works fine. Then when Installer refreshes the Sources it sometimes locks there with the Donate screen or if you get past that and install the update to Installer it locks there. No way out either. Have to hold Power and Home for awhile to shut it down then it will restart but if you go to Installer same problem again.

I suggest you rejailbreak it.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Default i have the same problem with installer
    i have the same problem with installer. I have done rejailbreaking many times and same thing happens every time, i have done it at least 7 times. Any ideas on what to do anyone? i would appreciate all the help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea For Some Reason I get the Same Problem. I refresh the sources and it gets stuck at the end for liek 5 minutes. and i wait and wait and im like FINALLY finished

I had this problem but I restored, rejailbroke and DID NOT install the "newer version of installer" since it looks like it's the problem.
    Hope it helps

The new version is the problem so if you guys who update it are out there PLEASE FIX IT SOON.

yeah. Mine is doing that too rite now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I used iJailbreak 0.9 IT SUCKS DONT USE IT. BAD RECCOMENDATION FROM ME!

I Used:
    ZiphoneOSX = crashed instantly
    ZiphoneWIN = worked for a few hours and crashed
    iJailbreak = same thing like ziphoneOSX crashes instantly
    iLiberty+ = BEST ONE SOO FAR!

Yes, jailbreak using iLiberty. As for all of your Installer's being "broken," I suggest to rejailbreak, but get Cydia. Then, add the Apptap package (you will need to SSH into your iPod if the source isn't in there already) and install Installer 3.10 or something like that. Since the latest version of Installer seems to be the problem for all of you guys, don't update it when presented the option in Installer. The latest version is 3.11 so, don't update it. You shouldn't be having problems with Installer after that. But I don't know exactly why your iPod's are having issues with the latest version. Mine works just fine...
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

sometimes it downloads but right before it finishes it goes back to springboard/desktop it is really starting to piss me off

i really need help ive looked everywere
    please help!!!!!!!