Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "ERROR: Not enough free space to update Installer!.."

Default "ERROR: Not enough free space to update Installer!.."
    What up pplz? I have a question about this particular error. I am trying to update the installer, but I get this error. Now common sense is to try and free up space on my phone, which I have, but this error still comes up. I even tried restarting it. I have 6.5GB of free space. Has anyone else have this kind of error before, and if so, how did you overcome it? Would it make a difference because I have version 1.1.4?

[email protected]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

install bosstools from installer, i know you said you have no space just uninstall a few programs till you can download it.. run bosstools and free disk space.. it will move all you ringtones, fonts and app to the main partition on ya iphone..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

...Ok, I will try that... Good lookin' out in advance big homie...

[email protected]

Ok, maybe that wasn't such a good idea cause now for some reason, my iphone is stuck in the monocrhome apple logo state. When I connect to the pc, it makes the sound that it acknowledges the device, but nothing happens. All I did was download the BossTools and chosen to move the fonts and ringtones as recommended. Can someone please tell or show me how to repair my phone w/o having to restore it.

[email protected]
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-05-20 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you delete some apps before running boss tool? If the space on the primary partition is full then you always need to delete some apps to give room on the primary partition so boss tools can move apps properly. There has been some posts in forums where boss tools hangs up iphone when moving apps because space was not made before boss tool.
    You will probably have to restore and rejailbreak.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Yea, I deleted some in the beginning when I was trying to make room for the installer update. But I didn't delete anymore after installing BossTools because I figured that if i was able to download that, I had enough space.

[email protected]