Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I install Installer through Cydia ?

Default Can I install Installer through Cydia ?
    Hi

I've just unlocked my iPhone with iLiberty+. Now I can see that I only have the Cydia package manager, but in order to install apps like Fring, Installer will be necessary. I can see the Installer package in Cydia in the System category, but everyone in here says that you can't install Installer through Cydia. Is that possible now, as the package appears in the System category, and can I safely install the Installer from there? Thanks.

Anders

2. The Following User Says Thank You to andersh90 For This Useful Post:

bigman2008 (2010-01-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

It didnt come with installer?

Thats realllyyyyy wierd....

I'd just restore and re-jailbreak.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

I did it by playing around with all the apps but I cant remember what I did since my discovery was an accident, but yes it is in there.

Okay, have anyone actually tried to install the Installer from Cydia ? I'd really like to know before I install something I don't know what is ;-)

Cydia? na never tried that :S

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sayad For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2009-10-18)

The reason why I only have Cydia is because I unlocked my iPhone with the newest iLiberty+, and that only installs Cydia .. I like Cydia, but it just doesn't have the right apps yet, and therefore I'd like to know how I get the Installer on my iPhone without having to re-jailbreak :-)

i need to know that too cause cydia is seriously lacking

Hey guys, I just used the updated version of iliberty+ to unlock, activate, and jailbreak my phone. I had to because I previously used ziphone and it is just very unstable and dangerous plus for some unkown reason my wifi won't connect (not greyed out, just won't connect).

However, you are correct. Cydia gets installed but not installer. I played around with iliberty+ options and found it.

Go to tools at the top and click options. Scroll up and click on check updates and the check now box. It will then update the payloads repo to about 22 payloads or so. Go to the bottom where it says available on repo and you will see some good stuff ( installer, bootneuter, ssh, and so on). highlight the ones you want, and hit download. Then go to you local at the bottom and select the ones you just downloaded from the repo. Next click go for it and BAM! there you go, installer back on your iphone!!

Did that help ya?

thank you very much - can I really jailbreak again without deleting the data on my iPhone?

Yes. I always attach to iliberty+ and just jailbreak and install a single payload without having to lose or delete any previous installs. This works as long as you use the same iliberty prgram you used initially.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Bee For This Useful Post:

stoned (2008-06-08)

i downloaded cydia installer to my already unlocked iphone 3G S but i dont see any icon at homepage.

Usually installer shouldnt also create a home icon?

thanks