Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installing installer through cydia?

Default installing installer through cydia?
    i recently jailbroke my ipod touch 1.1.4 with iliberty+ and it put cydia on it. cydia worked fine, but there were many apps that i wanted that didnt apear in cydia. than i saw the installer app package, and i went and installed installer. so my question is, can both do installer and cydia have compatibility issues running on the same ipod? and ive been hearing a lot about having to install the fake bsd subsystem for both to work properly. something like bsd subsystem would right over cydia and stuff like that. can someone clear that up for me. thanx, it would be a lot of help.

nm, it seems to be fine
    Last edited by stickz_911; 2008-05-17 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cydia and Installer will both work properly on the same iPod. I had no issues with it, anyways. Just make sure that you don't install BSD Subsystem after getting Cydia. It'll ruin the package and you won't be able to install anything. Just install the Fake BSD Subsystem package and you will be good to go. It works just like the regular BSD Sub just modified to work for Installer and Cydia.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Question Similar question: Cydia vs Installer?
    hey there - I have a question. My IT guy got me as far as using Cydia to download additional apps, but I found one called "SMSD" that I really want, and it is on Installer, and not Cydia apparently. Is there a way to find it? (He did not choose "Installer" on my iPhone, just Cydia).

thanks, Jesse

I'm currently working on getting Installer on my Cydia repo. I'll post a reply if it works. I just made the .deb file.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to itouchr For This Useful Post:

sr852 (2009-01-17)

You can get it off the sosiphone repo i did it today

Hello...I'm pretty new to this but got Cydia downloaded on my phone ...now.. can i download Installer too?...can i do through Cydia? if not, where from?

installer is dead, you don't need it