Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installer keeps crashing on startup?

Default installer keeps crashing on startup?
    im on 1.1.4 and installer has always worked just fine.

i installed the file with ALL the sources a few weeks back, which of course made updating the sources a hell of a lot slower..

well everything worked fine till today. I deleted 2 sources.. a chinese one, and a copy of one already on there. and it started fine once after that.

now everytime i open installer, it crashes right when it goes to open.

i did a google search and most of the problems i see with installer crashing are when you try to INSTALL something cause your out of room. thats not my problem.

is there any fix for this???

Quote Originally Posted by stylin97 View Post
    im on 1.1.4 and installer has always worked just fine.

i installed the file with ALL the sources a few weeks back, which of course made updating the sources a hell of a lot slower..

well everything worked fine till today. I deleted 2 sources.. a chinese one, and a copy of one already on there. and it started fine once after that.

now everytime i open installer, it crashes right when it goes to open.

i did a google search and most of the problems i see with installer crashing are when you try to INSTALL something cause your out of room. thats not my problem.

is there any fix for this???
    You can ssh into your iphone using a program like cute FTP and go to the directory /var/mobile/Library/Installer and delete the RemotePackages.plist. This worked for me hopefully it does the same for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zafeer For This Useful Post:

Fireboy6275 (2008-07-11)

Thanks Zafeer. I thought I was going to have to re-install 1.1.4. You saved the day. Thanks again.