Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I got the installer onto my iphone simulator...

Default I got the installer onto my iphone simulator...
    Yes, I REALLY DID. I was going through the sdk's folders and I found an applications one. I just put the installer app in there and POOF i had it on the spring board.
    Just one problem...it does not launch. But i know why, i am missing all of the files the installer needs in var/rrot/mobile/media since i cannot acces those files in the simulator. If anybody can tell me how to get to var/root/mobile/media on the simulator that would be great
    YouTube video coming soon...
    YouTube Video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZANXIzwb5E"]YouTube - Hacked iPhone Simulator NEW![/ame]
    Last edited by luqven; 2008-05-12 at 01:50 AM. Reason: added video

Default Found it
    try /users/<yourusername>/library/application support/iPhone Simulator/User/Media
    Hope This Helps

Umm, I was able to do this with the first beta, then transfer it to my iPhone. You wont get it to work though since it was written for 1.1.3/4 and not 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by luqven View Post
    Just one problem...it does not launch. But i know why, i am missing all of the files the installer needs in var/rrot/mobile/media since i cannot acces those files in the simulator.
    Not quite. It's not going to work because it's not built for the right architecture.
    The simulator runs x86 code, while the iPhone runs ARM code.
    You need the source code and must recompile it to run in the simulator.

I did this with customize but it didnt launch either wont work bro moppsy is right everything needs compiled prop!

The reason it didn't work is because the binary is for arm processor, and not for intel or ppc