Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BigBoss Downgrade Apps on Installer

Default BigBoss Downgrade Apps on Installer
    Ok.. First a disclaimer: I don't need to downgrade a phone personally. Mine are all on AT&T at the moment and work just peachy with whatever software version I put on there. I'm asking a question or 3 for information purposes, so that I can better explain to someone else what can and can't be done

That said, I have the BigBoss installer source set up on my phone and noticed this afternoon several apps designed (I assume) to downgrade the baseband from 1.1.2 -> 1.0.2 and another from 1.1.1 -> 1.0.2. being the curious sort that I am I installed the 1.1.2 -? 1.0.2 version on my own phone to see how (if) it worked.

The install went fine. But when I restarted the phone there was no icon for the app. I checked in Finder (on the phone) to see if it was put in the hidden section but all thats there is what I put there.

Is this normal? Is this an app - like OkToPrep - that only sets up your phone to be downgraded? And if so what steps come next (Please don't point me to the downgrade threads - I know all about those. I'm looking to see if theres something more - like with the early jailbreak via OkToPrep threads)

I looked at the "More Info' link on the phone but it gives (me) a blank page. Anyone have a link to the BigBoss site (if there is one)?
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

it's perfectly normal. What is installed is Secpacks and baseband downgrader command line applications. install vt100, run it, type 'cd /usr/bin', and type 'bbupdater' - IF running it is what you want to do?

Hope this helps,

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    it's perfectly normal. What is installed is Secpacks and baseband downgrader command line applications. install vt100, run it, type 'cd /usr/bin', and type 'bbupdater' - IF running it is what you want to do?

Hope this helps,
    Yes it does. It explains it perfectly. They're not apps so much as command libraries

Thanks much
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

can you downgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 through a source in installer

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevo9267 View Post
    can you downgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 through a source in installer
    firmware?

no
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4