Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: oktoprep doesnt appear in installer app. what to do?

Default oktoprep doesnt appear in installer app. what to do?
    ive attempted to upgrade my firmware from 1.0.2 which was only jailbroken not unlocked. i have att no need to unlock. upgraded to 1.1.1 and then went through he touchfree process. the phone is working on 1.1.1 and i have installer app and summerboard. i open instller app and it imediatly asks for an update which i did as i had no other choices. i go to the tweeks folder in installer app and there is no OktoPrep. what do i do? is the phone ready for 1.1.2? my goal is to have the phone ready so that i can update to 1.1.2 and it will be jailbroken. the phone DOES NOT need to be unlocked.

thanks for any help.
    joe

Install community sources

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

asadjewonxmas (2007-11-11)

thanks never used installer app allwaysed used jailbricker to install. noobs gotta learn sometime.

1. jailbreakme.com (go here and install it from your iphone). a new icon will be on your iphone called installer. this app lets you install all kinds of other apps.

2. install SummerBoard from installer. (then you can install themes directly from your phone without having to go through any of the trouble listed below). go back into installer and you'll see a category for Themes (SummerBoard). Install away!

3. Now if you still want to move them from your computer to your iphone, see below.

4. install BSD subsystem (from list of apps available from Installer)

5. install OpenSSH. once installed and having access to your wifi get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address.

6. SSH into your phone. ssh -l root 10.x.x.x (use your ip address). if using a mac just use the Terminal app to ssh. if windows, i don't know find a terminal type app to command line to use ssh.

7. Use password "dottie" or "alpine" when asked after ssh'ing into your phone.

8. get a SFTP program to transfer files to your iphone from your computer. server will be your IP address of your iphone, user = root, password = dottie or alpine.

9. Summerboard themes are in Library/SummerBoard/Themes/ , this is the directory you'll place your themes. each theme should have it's own folder.

ok am i screwed? i did the oktoprep and then through itunes installed the new 1.1.2 firmware. now my phone doesnt appear in itunes after install completed and the phoen is sitting at a screen that looks like it should be plugged into itunes. can only make emergency calles and view imei and iccid.

what am i waiting for? an answer or for itunes to recognize something?

itunes does nothing. its as if it doesnt see the phone. the phone's screen shows and image saying to plug it in. ive done that.

Try rebooting the phone and computer

Otherwise see my reply to you on HoFo
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

I'm not saying you should do this. But I would remove it from the dock. restart it, restart itunes, restart my computer,whatever I can do to get it to recognize the phone. I have no fear. I don't care it I break my phone. I'll just go get a new one. But thats me not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    I'm not saying you should do this. But I would remove it from the dock. restart it, restart itunes, restart my computer,whatever I can do to get it to recognize the phone. I have no fear. I don't care it I break my phone. I'll just go get a new one. But thats me not you.
    ROFLMAO

You sound like me :P

I live by "Do as I say not as I do" I give all sorts of safe, sound advice, and for everyone else it works

Just don't ask me how many iBricks I've created of my own in the name of 'research" :P

Bought iPhone Launch Day 1.0.0
    Used iFuntastic to Jailbreak
    Restored
    Upgraded to 1.0.1
    Used iFuntastic to Jailbreak
    Restored
    Upgrade to 1.0.2
    Used Apptapp to Jailbreak
    I did not Upgrade to 1.1.1
    Installed Leopard on my Mac's
    Restored
    Upgraded to 1.1.1
    Used AppSnapp to Jailbreak

i bought mine a few days after launch. windows guy here so i iused ibricker after i updated from the 1st firmware to 1.0.2 and have been sitting here for the longest time debating on if i should update. figured id go for it. got 1.1.1 and the installer app on could make calles so i decided to try for 1.1.2 should have stayed at 1.1.1 no im gunna see if i can get anything to see it and restore back. may possible try 1.1.2 again but if it doesnt work ill go back and stick with 1.1.1.

thanks for all the help guys.

ok ive got 1.1.1 downloading and itunes recognized the phone in restore mode. if i choose restore it wants to restore to 1.1.2. im going to hold shift and restore to 1.1.1 and then go though the touch free steps again. wish me luck guys. think i may pass on the 1.1.2 at the moment and just stay at any working firmware till a better more stable method comes about. i greatly appreciate you help.
    Last edited by asadjewonxmas; 2007-11-11 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bought 4GB iPhone on release day
    Exchanged it for an 8GB 10 days later
    Jailbroke with iFuntastic
    Dropped it in the toilet bowl while cleaning mid July
    Bought a new 8GB 2 days later
    Replaced the soggy 8GB after it dried out 2 weeks later
    Upgraded to 1.0.2
    Jailbroke with AppTapp 2
    Upgraded iTunes to 7.4
    Fixed endless reboot with AppTapp 3
    Jailbroke both with AppTapp 3
    Unlocked one with AnySIM 1
    Unlocked the other with IPSF and gave it to a family member
    Upgraded to 1.1.1
    Replaced the iBrick
    Updated to 1.1.1
    Jailbroke manually
    Unlocked with AnySIM 1.1
    Relocked with OneSIM
    Installed TurboSIM
    Updated to 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Installed AppSnapp/OkToPrep
    Updated to 1.1.2 again
    Jailbroke manually

Quote Originally Posted by asadjewonxmas View Post
    think i may pass on the 1.1.2 at the moment and just stay at any working firmware till a better more stable method comes about. i greatly appreciate you help.
    If you've already updated to 1.1.2 you have no choice but to go back to it when all is said and done

1.1.1 will not activate on a phone (Even an AT&T phone) that's been downgraded from 1.1.2.

More correctly, it will activate (with one of the 3rd party activators like iBrickr or WINSTALLER) but it won't connect to any netowrk

1.1.2 is quite stable as a firmware version. All you'll be missing for a few days are the 3rd party apps and UI enhancements
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2007-11-11 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great story. we should start a thread on this topic But I don't know how to start threads That's funny

Never,Never pee and clean your phone at the some time
    I think I remember when that happened to you

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Great story. we should start a thread on this topic But I don't know how to start threads That's funny

Never,Never pee and clean your phone at the some time
    I think I remember when that happened to you
    ROFLMAO I wasn't peeing at the time, thankfully. I was cleaning the bathroom with the phone in my blouse pocket:P

I bent over to pick up a towel on the floor and even as I did it I knew it was a mistake but I no sooner thought it when I heard the SPLUNK....

phones back up and running. unfortunatly i could only restore to 1.1.2 like you said. so now i have a working phone thats not jailbroke which kinda sucks. so guess ill have to wait. at least the phone makes calls.

qui est Roguette?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast