Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EDGE disabling, Installer.app and wifi at skl.

Default EDGE disabling, Installer.app and wifi at skl.
    Hi have a few problems here .

1st. Im using cydia and need to download a program that will ensure that i never connect to EDGE. Am in the UK and there is no setting in the general options of the phone.

2nd. I had installer.app on my phone , installed before i bought it. I reinstalled with iliberty+ and now havent got it but cydia instead. How do i install it? before i got "error package download failed" tried all sources to ther answer on the internet but nothing worked.

3rd my schools wifi is secured with a password. i know the password and internet works on my laptop there, but when i connect using my iphone, it doesnt want to work. It seems iphones and itouches are blocked. Is there any way around this? possibly a proxy or something?

cheers for the help guys

Thanks

The following programs will turn off EDGE: Toggle.app, NetServices.app and BossPrefs.app

Quote Originally Posted by gpcool View Post
    Hi have a few problems here .

3rd my schools wifi is secured with a password. i know the password and internet works on my laptop there, but when i connect using my iphone, it doesnt want to work. It seems iphones and itouches are blocked. Is there any way around this? possibly a proxy or something?
    Your iPhone/Touch would not be blocked, but it may be incompatible with the protocol your school is using. The iPhone/Touch requires WEP, WPA and WPA2
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-05-08 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

gpcool (2008-05-08), starrygirl75 (2008-06-16)

i can't find any of those programs on cydia.

Im pretty much an iPhone rookie. i think i need istaller.app but dont have a clue how to install on top of the default cydia

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Considering Big Boss pretty much runs Cydia I can guarantee you BossPrefs in in there. Go in... hit the refresh arrow... go to All applications and scroll down (or use the letters on the side) to find BossPrefs. Trust me it's there...

there must be something wrong with my cydia.

i guarantee you it is not there. i have looked ten times at least. I have reset the ipod, refreshed the page, everything!

Hello, I am having the same problem, 2,5G unlocked with v2.0 soft, iPhone Cydia does not host Bossprefs (yet ?), I too am intrigued, but still looking for a quick fix apart from airplane mode ( on a pay-as-you-go service it's like 1 euro per 50 kb so it adds up waay too fast .. )

Any help would be greatly appreciated